Looking at a 2003 Town Car

ketyokeinnor

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
http://apps.dealerconnection.com/de...g=en&vin=1LNHM85W43Y693420&dealerPACode=01394

Its been a while since I've posted here, mostly because my Continental has died. This time it has gone past the point of being practical to repair it (it needs a trans:( ). So now i need to replace it, I want a newer Lincoln, something more...rwd. I came across this 03 Town Car Cartier L last week. I stopped by there Sunday evening and it seems to be in very good condition. I was wondering if the price seems fair and what are some things I need to look out for / TC specific questions I should ask(it has 64K on it btw) when I go to take a more serious look at it.

Thanks

Ron

price seems on par with other L's I have always wanted one
in black the 03s had a couple of small problems but I cant remember
what they were sorry
try to pm dRock95MarkVIII he knows a lot about these

Looks like a pretty average price as long as long as nothing is wrong with it.

I've kinda been watching this one, not sure if there are any issues with it or if they just want it gone. They've had it awhile and I have just watched it drop in price, then again it is winter and TCs are not very good in Colorado's winter.

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/ctd/1609021866.html

I'd try talking them down atleast a grand maybe a little more though.

that is a lot of money for a 7 year old car, going on 8 years old. its just a crown vic with gadgets and leather. as far as TC specific problems does it have the updated aluminum water crossover in the front of the intake or is it all plastic. I am not sure when ford switched I thought it was around 03 04 range. If it is plastic just expect to change the intake.

that is a lot of money for a 7 year old car, going on 8 years old. its just a crown vic with gadgets and leather. as far as TC specific problems does it have the updated aluminum water crossover in the front of the intake or is it all plastic. I am not sure when ford switched I thought it was around 03 04 range. If it is plastic just expect to change the intake.

2002 was the last year they used the faulty intake if I remember correctly from my research.

7 years old or not it is the same car as the 2010, only has 65k miles on it too.

Like I said though I would try to talk them down a grand or so for sure, 8k would be a good price in my opinion.

That is a nice car, but if they are not willing to negotiate down on that price (too high) I would keep looking.

Members online

Back