Look what the cat dragged in.

jmtiseo

The Peanut Gallery
Reaction score
I couldn't pass them up. They work and just need a little TLC to the lens and housing. Going to be my temporary when I go to do angel eyes, and my practice lens for refinishing. This lens is the worst I've seen, hazing and some yellow unexplainable stuff on the lens. Apologies if someone was watching it/came across it. They'll be back up when I'm done with them, in better shape. This will later turn into the thread where I show before afters, install, etc.

IMAG0257.jpg

IMAG0258.jpg

IMAG0259.jpg

HIDs!

They look bad now but you will love them when they are clear.

Thought you had factory lows already??

One of them anyway. If i can find the driver's side, I'd be in bidness. I already have factory HID's but I wanted a refinish practice one/temporary replacement for when I do my mods to my current set. I have T-money's passenger side housing and now this one lol.

We should all have cats that drag sligthly used LS parts back home.
How cool would that be ... "Cat, go find me a mint condition Degass bottle"
"and keep a f*cking eye out on a McClaren Grille!!!"

Nice grab I refinished the headlights I sold to marcredd I think they came out pretty damn good, pretty easy job over all I practiced on my wifes car first before I started on the ones sold just for practice.

That cat would be pretty sweet. This was more of a steal than a grab. Some people don't know what they're selling. The ballast was labeled "computer". Got nervous when I opened it because it had the ballast covers screws were backed off so I thought the ballast may have been sold separately. I would have :q:q:q:q if it was missing because that's the most expensive part of the assembly.

Manoli which write-up did you follow, if you followed one.

Thinking about following the one below.

Refinished my lights - PICS!!!

After closer inspection. The yellow stuff wasn't smeared bug :q:q:q:q but someone wrote on the lens with yellow marker or something. It was not fun wet sanding that off let me tell you.

After pics following the above threads directions. I bought the 3M kit but ended up using it for just the polishing pad, found it easier to wet sand it all by hand. Can cover more area with a little elbow grease. Now just to set them outside to cure 'em a bit tomorrow.

IMAG0258.jpg

IMAG0268.jpg

IMAG0269.jpg

That looks amazing! Great work.

(drumroll) Tahdaaa !!!

Like a f*cking magic trick, you should take that show to Vegas dude !

~ just j/k'ing

Members online

No members online now.
Back