Long time lurker just wanting to say "Thanks!!!"

rudy.elgato

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Howdy from Houston...

Figured it was time I got my butt in gear and give a big Thanks to all you here on the LVC Lincoln LS forum.

I'm the proud owner of this peach of a 2001 LS Sport I bought almost 3 years ago:

element_19-11-01 LS7 (Medium).JPG
element_13-11-01 LS1 (Medium).JPG
element_17-11-01 LS5 (Medium).JPG
element_22-11-01 LS10 (Medium).JPG
element_29-11-01 LS17 (Medium).JPG

I got it with 80,000 miles and in remarkably good mechanical and cosmetic condition. In the 3 years I've had it I've had to take care of the following:

- replaced the front passenger side window regulator
- replaced the fuel pump and filter
- replaced the dccv

and just this weekend:

- replaced the clock spring
- installed new coil-on-plugs and new spark plugs

Don't mean to sound too corny or anything, but really, without the forum and you all on it, there's no way in the world I could have possibly figured out what to do about these things and would have never even considered taking care of them myself. OK, I'll admit, I have a good mechanic I trust who replaced the dccv and clock spring for me, but I, using all your wisdom here, figured out what the trouble was and what needed to be done about it.

The car now is running absolutely fantastic and actually looks a little better now then it does in these pics (windows tinted, couple of pieces of interior plastic trim in the pics that are broken have been replaced, I added a nice, clean aux input in the dash and new speakers all around). I absolutely enjoy getting into it every time I do.

Thanks!!!!!

element_19-11-01 LS7 (Medium).JPG

element_13-11-01 LS1 (Medium).JPG

element_17-11-01 LS5 (Medium).JPG

element_22-11-01 LS10 (Medium).JPG

element_29-11-01 LS17 (Medium).JPG

Howdy from Houston...

Figured it was time I got my butt in gear and give a big Thanks to all you here on the LVC Lincoln LS forum.

I'm the proud owner of this peach of a 2001 LS Sport I bought almost 3 years ago:

View attachment 828465491
View attachment 828465492
View attachment 828465493
View attachment 828465494
View attachment 828465495

I got it with 80,000 miles and in remarkably good mechanical and cosmetic condition. In the 3 years I've had it I've had to take care of the following:

- replaced the front passenger side window regulator
- replaced the fuel pump and filter
- replaced the dccv

and just this weekend:

- replaced the clock spring
- installed new coil-on-plugs and new spark plugs

Don't mean to sound too corny or anything, but really, without the forum and you all on it, there's no way in the world I could have possibly figured out what to do about these things and would have never even considered taking care of them myself. OK, I'll admit, I have a good mechanic I trust who replaced the dccv and clock spring for me, but I, using all your wisdom here, figured out what the trouble was and what needed to be done about it.

The car now is running absolutely fantastic and actually looks a little better now then it does in these pics (windows tinted, couple of pieces of interior plastic trim in the pics that are broken have been replaced, I added a nice, clean aux input in the dash and new speakers all around). I absolutely enjoy getting into it every time I do.

Thanks!!!!!

Looking VERY SHARP!!!!!!!! Picture of the input?????? :W:W :W

Absolutely beautiful. Welcome! Cant wait to learn more about you and this amazing LS.

nice color. i love it.
there are a few that complain about this forum, but i don't see it.
things go off track occasionally, but the majority is overwhelmingly helpful and positive.
plenty of good info and good people here.

Immaculate condition 01 Sport, well done! looks real mint!

Looking VERY SHARP!!!!!!!! Picture of the input?????? :W:W :W

Got the information about using a PIE FRDN-AUX input from this old thread. There are very good instructions here on the forum about taking out the headunit and all the center stack pieces. I invested 5 dollars and bought a plastic trim panel removal kit from Harbor Freight, which really came in handy. Also came in real handy when I replaced the speakers in the doors.

For the input itself, don't think it's this exact one, but I went with something very similar to this..

Here's what I ended up with:

WP_20140221_001.jpg

Use the CD button on headunit or Media button on the wheel to go to DJ and it works great with any generic type MP3 player.

I've always like the size of these old Palm Pixi Plus phones so I picked one up to use in the car (and it makes a useful spare phone to have around). They are so cheap and really good quality. I then got one of these Touchstone charging bases and it sits absolutely perfect on the console next to the shifter without getting in the way. A little two-sided tape and I now have:

WP_20140221_013.jpg

For my needs, it's a perfect setup. The Touchstone base really holds the phone in place. The location there let's me control what I'm listening to with just a few thumb swipes. What's great is the setup is small enough to unplug and stash out of site in the console.

WP_20140221_001.jpg

WP_20140221_013.jpg

My confirmation too...

This forum "is" and has been my MENTOR.

...and although it warns me of the (problematic) issues w/ purchasing other name brand parts (other than MOTORCRAFT or FORD).

I eventually realize that these wise people here, are not in the habit of B.S'ing us. TRIAL BY FIRE !! Those who know ... KNOW !!
-LVC MEMBERS ...KNOWS. 'nuff said.

Members online

No members online now.
Back