Long day with the lincoln

ground_zero298

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Finally took some time and fixed up the lincoln. Trans flush with new filter, $247 at fords, 2 dents removed from the drivers door, $97 . 2 new pilot sports for the front (back are a month old) $370. 2 new rear sway bar bushings, $20. $159 for new tags. Washed it, waxed it, cleaned the air filter, cleaned the MAF, dryed out the drivers side headlight, dielectric grease all the way around. So all in all it cost me 893 dollars and 5.5 hours So that means it cost me $162.36 a hour to work on my car today.:mad:
:L

Well the trans fush and filter was worth it. I'm just about to turn 90k and it smoothed out the shifts for me. After cleaning the MAF and K&N I'm back up to 26 mpg again. Did you say those are 22's on your ride zole? If so any rubbing at all and what size tires?

I just got trans and radiator flush. Cleaned injectors and getting 18.8 MPG. I haven't changed the air filter or cleaned the MAF. But I did change the cabin filter which was disgusting. I'm sure the air filter is too. The rims are 22" s and there is minor rubbing but nothing bad at all. Like I said is a previous post the rub a little on the rear on the outer wheel well molding and in the front they rub a little on the inner splash guard. I can take pics when its nice. Nothing to worry about at all though

I just got trans and radiator flush. Cleaned injectors and getting 18.8 MPG. I haven't changed the air filter or cleaned the MAF. But I did change the cabin filter which was disgusting. I'm sure the air filter is too. The rims are 22" s and there is minor rubbing but nothing bad at all. Like I said is a previous post the rub a little on the rear on the outer wheel well molding and in the front they rub a little on the inner splash guard. I can take pics when its nice. Nothing to worry about at all though

18.8 mpg?! i just flushed my cooling system yesterday, got trans flushed bout a year ago. i change air filter bout every 6 months oil change every three. i have 22s with LOTS of rubbing, i installed coil springs tho, How do you clean the injectors? im only getting 15.1 mpg city, it might just be our driving habits tho

18.8 mpg?! i just flushed my cooling system yesterday, got trans flushed bout a year ago. i change air filter bout every 6 months oil change every three. i have 22s with LOTS of rubbing, i installed coil springs tho, How do you clean the injectors? im only getting 15.1 mpg city, it might just be our driving habits tho

I didn't clean the injectors, the shop I brought it to did. I don't have much rubbing at all. With the other rims and tires I'm getting about 19.8 MPG

yea, i do have spring lifters in the coils but it still rubs, i plan on getting new rear shocks in a month or two, im going to put some shock stud extenders in when i install them, it should give about 2" of lift.

Members online

No members online now.
Back