Live from the ATL!

2005_LS_V8

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I knew there would be a useful forum for this LS I just bought and here it is. I did much due diligence in my search for a good, used LS and came up with a 2005 V8 with 63,000 miles for $8,900. I got it from a small, local dealer. With the new tax law in GA, you can no longer escape paying the fee for a private purchase, so I began to consider dealers vs individuals, who usually turn out to be dealers anyway. There are very few cars on Craigslist that are really from a single individual with only one car to sell.

I owned a 2001 Regal GS before, and I currently own a 1999 Ford F-150, so I know a little about Fordish coil pack issues, window regulators, emmissions codes, door locks, etc. But this car is new to me, other than the 'net research I did before I bought. I knew it made sense to try and avoid the earlier years of 2000-03, due to the transmission and coil pack issues. Now my mission is to learn everything I can about these 2nd Gen cars.

Here's my list of things I want to do as soon as my budget recovers from the purchase and from Xmas spending:

1. Remote start system - the Code Alarm version with ONLY the start function.
2. Intake - needs to be opened up I am sure, but drilling holes in the box might be all that is needed to feel a difference.
3. Floor mats - Current ones fit, but are brown and boring. I want a tan color to match the 'camel' interior. Found aftermarket version with hole for foot peg and the embroidered 'Lincoln' that looks cool, cheaper than factory.
4. Stereo - will add this JVC from Crutchfield with Navigation, Video, etc. I like the promised 'news' feature.
http://navi.jvc.com/features/hdradio.html
I wonder about replacing four door speakers, I think they are 6x8, with Infinity Kappas. Also wonder what, if anything, needs to be done about rear speakers. They seem OK, but is that sub amp going to be able to be triggered from my new head unit? Maybe it would be better to upgrade rear deck subs and get a whole new powerful amp.
5. Backup Camera - will be part of stereo install.
6. Cargo storage solution - found a good compartmentalized box on Amazon that won't slide. Need spots for groceries and sports gear, maybe some tools.
[Rola 59001 M.O.V.E. Rigid-Base Trunk Organizer].

My driver's seat heater already died and what a help it was finding the causes and solutions here after just a bit of looking around. I'm not a big Do It Yourselfer, but I have found it very valuable to go into the dealership prepared with as much knowledge as possible. I introduced myself to the local repair shop manager yesterday and stopped by the parts dept. It's close to my job and they will pick you up and drop you off for repair work if you are close enough.

Next to do item, get some money!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back