Little help

Big Bandit

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been covered. However, some people's technology is past mine.

I have 06 LS with nav. I spend alot of time in car for work. Anything for better highway fuel mileage is appreciated.

I would like to do following.

Can I make hand controls be useful for anything? What/how

There seems to be very limited bolt on performance items available. Am I looking in wrong spot?

Can I get a line in or Bluetooth to head unit or should I just pull it?

I recently changed all 6 speakers and know where factory amp is. Would prefer clean swap. Adapters any easy recommendations? Just want better sound

Front headlights and fog lights? Mine are cloudy, tried to buff out. Just buy new ones or is there any other tricks to try?

Anyone put a receiver hitch on? It's for bikes.

...I have 06 LS with nav. I spend alot of time in car for work. Anything for better highway fuel mileage is appreciated.

Sorry, it's the wrong car if you need better mileage. There's nothing to do but drive gentler for that.

Can I make hand controls be useful for anything? What/how

Sorry, I don't understand? Hand controls for the gas and the brake?

...There seems to be very limited bolt on performance items available. Am I looking in wrong spot?...

No, you are not. Again, wrong car...

...Can I get a line in or Bluetooth to head unit or should I just pull it?...

No, you'll have to go aftermarket or use a universal FM modulator.

...I recently changed all 6 speakers and know where factory amp is. Would prefer clean swap. Adapters any easy recommendations? Just want better sound...

There are no adapters for the ones equipped with the THX nav. You'll have to cut and solder. It can be and has been done.
THX navigation to aftermarket

...Front headlights and fog lights? Mine are cloudy, tried to buff out. Just buy new ones or is there any other tricks to try?...

New gen II headlights do not exist, AFAIK.
If you have the round fog lights, those are easy to get aftermarket. I think the same ones fit a Honda or something like that.

...Anyone put a receiver hitch on? It's for bikes.

Yes, it been done for small loads. There's a thread on here somewhere about it.

Hand controls i meant for changing radio station and volume.

I appreciate the other info. It confirms most of what my suspected however just wanted to be sure

I appreciate it.

Hand controls i meant for changing radio station and volume.

I appreciate the other info. It confirms most of what my suspected however just wanted to be sure

I appreciate it.

For the future, those are commonly referred to as "steering wheel controls." (Note that the buttons on the radio work by hand too.)

You can get aftermarket adapters that will translate the factory buttons on the steering wheel to signals that your aftermarket radio can understand, so it is easy to swap to aftermarket and yet keep the steering wheel controls.

Members online

No members online now.
Back