lincolnvscaddy.jpg

just a quick rough draft
if enough people like it maybe i'll make something
of higher quality.

it was one of those things i had the idea
thought it would be good and wanted to do
something about it real quick so i wouldn't
lose the idea at a later time

I read in an automotive book that the "man" who coined Cadillac(first) also coined Lincoln (second, after Pres. Lincoln). He sold the rights to the name Cadillac and decided to keep Lincoln because he liked it better. You guys know anything about this?

I read in an automotive book that the "man" who coined Cadillac(first) also coined Lincoln (second, after Pres. Lincoln). He sold the rights to the name Cadillac and decided to keep Lincoln because he liked it better. You guys know anything about this?

ya it was a French guy who worked for ford , who came up with Cadi.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincoln_%28automobile%29

Wasn't cadillac named after the french guy who founded detroit? Sir Cadillac or something

"...it was named after the French explorer who founded Detroit, Antoine de la Mothe Cadillac."

"Leland would later sell his Cadillac company to General Motors and serve as an executive running that division, then leave the corporation in 1917 after disagreements over just how high the quality of the car should be and a heated dispute over the corporation's role in World War 1.

With his son Wilfred, who had also been an executive of Cadillac Division, he started another company in 1917 to build aircraft engines for the war effort. It later shifted to automobile production.

He built a plant on Livernois and Warren, which still stands and is now being used by Detroit Edison. He named his new car after a longtime hero of his, a man the young Leland voted for in the first presidential election he was eligible to vote in and the Lincoln became a competitor to Cadillac and Packard in the luxury-car market."

http://info.detnews.com/history/story/index.cfm?id=152&category=people

:cool:

Members online

Back