Lincoln Vs Toyota

MarkOfDeath

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Now I drive the new Toyota Avalons at work alot and Im very impressed. It hard to believe its a toyota. So I thought I would compare it to the new Lincoln Zephyr

Lincoln Zephyr
main_ext_4.jpg

Engine — 3.0L 4V Duratec V-6
Transmission — Six-speed automatic

MSRP $ 35,240
Standard
Power Heated Seats
Front Wheel Drive
Traction Control
Shifter Knob — Leather-wrapped
Steering Wheel — Leather-wrapped with genuine wood accents, speed, secondary audio and climate controls
Wheels — 17-inch split-spoke machined-aluminum
Universal Garage Door Opener
Appliqués — Genuine wood
Solar tint

Options
Power Moonroof
THX™ II Certified Premium Sound System
Navigation System*
*Requires THX™ II Certified Premium Sound System.
HID headLamps

photo_1.jpg

Engine 3.5-liter DOHC 24-valve Dual VVT-i V6 268 hp @ 6200 rpm

Transmission 5-speed electronically controlled automatic

MSRP 33,645 as Avalon Limited

Standard
Push button Start with smart key
17-in. aluminum alloy wheels
High Solar Energy-Absorbing (HSEA) glass
Wood grain and leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob
Heated front seats
Ventilated front seats
Auto-dimming rearview mirror with compass and HomeLink
JBL Synthesis
Power rear sunshade
High Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps
Acoustic noise-reducing front windshield
Rain-sensing washer-linked variable intermittent windshield wipers

Lincoln
main_int_2.jpg

main_int_1.jpg

Toyota
Toyota says that the all-new Avalon is the most-American vehicle they've produced to date, a claim that's difficult to dispute, as the car was styled in California, engineered in Michigan, and will be built in Kentucky

TOYOTA_AVALON_INTERIOR.JPG

mehta.avalon.jpg

0501_toyota_avalon_int_rear_445.jpg

Between the two th Zepyr looks much better, but the avalon has some nicer options. The exterior on the avalon looks to flimsy and cheap imho. The zephyr looks like a classy luxury car and not an oversized camry. Also the Interior on the Zepyr looks more accomodating imho. Just my two cents.

Conti94 said:
Between the two th Zepyr looks much better, but the avalon has some nicer options. The exterior on the avalon looks to flimsy and cheap imho. The zephyr looks like a classy luxury car and not an oversized camry. Also the Interior on the Zepyr looks more accomodating imho. Just my two cents.
:iconcur:

I kinda like the Avalon, its got a better drivetrain and it way cheaper with way way more options, lincoln sucks they havent done a good thing in a long ass time, thou i like the LS

Add a navigation system to the Avalon to better match the options selected on the Zephy and it looks like the price jumps to $36,905.

oh I thought i included it, but we will see how the lincoln holds up, we know how toyota does.

If you drove the avalon you would really like it, its a solid car. I also dont see how it is not in the same class. also it has 70 more hp

well may i suggest you trade your Mark and buy the damm thing, and then Join the Toy club. Oh yea be sure to get one of them cute little soccer ball magnets for the back with your school of choice on it.

Just teasing but it needed to be said LOL:N

If you compare a base model Zephyr with a base model Avalon you will see the difference. It was made to compete with the likes of the accord and Camry. Whats the wheel base on the Avalon, over-all length, and weight? These are all things to consider when talking about the 268 hp vs the 221 hp. Also is the 3.5 an optional engine?

hey my cuz has a avalon its not as good as my LS8 but its a way better then the zypher -- i had a zypher for about 1 week when my LS was being repaired and the zypher was a loaner its a great car but i think that the avalon is a better car but still both feel to american for me and i like the euro feel thats why i got a LS i gots the best of both worlds......

But Toyota has had a bunch of reliability problems lately, including the Avalon which was in a big recall recently iirc.

Members online

No members online now.
Back