Lincoln vs Cadillac

Joeychgo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How do these two companies add up?

Lincoln Town Car vs Cadillac DTS
Lincoln Nothing vs Cadillac STS
Lincoln Navigator vs Cadillac Escalade (and family)
Lincoln Aviator vs Cadillac SRX
Lincoln LS8 vs Cadillac CTS
Lincoln Nothing vs Cadillac XLR

So how do the two add-up? Which is focusing more on a youthful market? Who has the advantage?

I think a couple of year ago, Lincoln would have been in the running when the Navigator was popular. A lot of people complain about rap and all, but they do help promote sales. But that only lasted awhile.

Cadillac probably has the better youthful market right now. Escalades forget about it. You either have little rich white boys, black kids a work for it, you have the people that have stolen it from the older people, and of course the middle aged mother who loves SUV's (this is where the SRX will fit in also, but it will not do as well in the long run as the Escalade and faimlytwins).

The CTS along with the LS are a mixture of young and old consumers. Just from my experience on the street, the LS is driven by both young and old. The younger buyers most likely have purchased a 2000-2002 used LS which is a good thing to do at a younger age. Since the CTS is new, most buyers are 30+ with again a mixture of younger (around 30ish) and old.

The XLR will also appeal to the middle-aged ("LIFE CRISIS?" - I am making a new thread about that :D ) who has some money, and waht a nice raodster to cruise or mess around with.

Now, the large sedans, forget about it. Those are geared toward the older drivers.

But in my opinion, as of right now, Cadillac has more appeal to the younger people than Lincoln. Lincoln is slowy making its way up with the younger buyers (or hand-me-downs of the LS like me) and also some of there concepts like the mark 10, (ford thunderbird), the mark lt (ford f150) etc.

Joeychgo said:
How do these two companies add up?

Lincoln Town Car vs Cadillac DTS
Lincoln Nothing vs Cadillac STS
Lincoln Navigator vs Cadillac Escalade (and family)
Lincoln Aviator vs Cadillac SRX
Lincoln LS8 vs Cadillac CTS
Lincoln Nothing vs Cadillac XLR

So how do the two add-up? Which is focusing more on a youthful market? Who has the advantage?

Cadillac is winning HANDS DOWN, and I own, and love my Lincoln. One car sticks out as the most impressive, and that's the 400HP CTS-V!

Throw the Lightning or Cobra drivetrain into a restlyed LS and Caddy may have some competition. It's not that far fetched considering Lincoln introduced the current DOHC 4.6L V-8 into the Ford family (which eventually made it into a Cobra Mustang).

Kale

I dont think you can do lincoln vs. caddy anymore. Lincoln cant compete with caddy because then fomoco would be taking away from its jagu"ar" division.

So in 2004 its Jaguar vs caddy. a bit more fare matchup.

Cadillac is definately aimed more at Jaguar than Lincoln.
It's main competitors are BMW and Mercedes.

Lincoln is competing with Lexus and Infiniti (more pure luxury-oriented manufacturers). Jaguar is FoMoCo's Luxury Sport division. Rumor has it that GM is giving Buick a 3 billion dollar makeover to bring it up to play with Lincoln. We'll see how that goes, but from what I've seen of their concepts in recent years and how they plan to borrow the 3.6L V6 and Sigma chassis from Caddy, they look to be serious.

Not to mention that Ford themselves admitted that they are no longer competition for Cadillac:
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=649

Last edited by a moderator:
That sucks cause i would love to see ford (if they did not own jag) to bump up lincoln to jag stature. We all know they can do it. You see volvo nowadays?????

Pepsi2185 said:
You see volvo nowadays?????

Yeah, (I dont know if you like or dont like) but IMO Volvo cars are very appealing to me and I am only 18. I woundt go out and buy a Volvo right now, but the new S40 2.4 T5 215 or so hp turbocharged is a pretty nice package for like 29grand or something. The C70 is really nice. too.

What are these companies calling a "youthfull market". Most people I would put in this group cannot afford these cars new and think the current styling of both manufacturers is, well, unatractive.

Members online

Back