Lincoln Vs. Cadillac: Town Car Vs. DeVille

Gothicaleigh

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
To each his own , i don't think of them as old people cars. :give :Beer :smilies-3

yeah... a lot of people sayI have an old man's car, even my girlfriend... but who's car do they want to take when it comes to transportation? That's right... mine...

I think the funniest thing is when I go visit my grandparents in Sun City West (ritirement community west of Phoenix) I get a lot of stares from old people in their own Towncars and Cadillacs... I've even had a few offers ogf $5K+ for it... But I'll never sell...

But if they were what would the outcome be ? This game gets better and better

JoshMcMadMac said:
Old people cars...when was the last time they were in a 1/4 mile race?

codewize said:
But if they were what would the outcome be ? This game gets better and better
I'd like to see grandpa giving the nod at a stop light, sipping on his oxygen tank! lol

Now thats hilarious. I too would love to see that.

JoshMcMadMac said:
I'd like to see grandpa giving the nod at a stop light, sipping on his oxygen tank! lol

Ah those Caddy owners are just jelous they don't own a LINCOLN. :N :give :Beer

Sunday I took my Mark VII :steering to Madison Wisconsin to pick my kids up from a visit with their mother.

On the 80 mile drive to Madison I passed a bunch of :waving: Cadillacs and Lincolns :smilies-3 . But They were all old :pat: !

What is this saying about us.

I remember when I thought I would always drive a sporty car :cool: , not an old person's car.

But then I don't think Lincoln made the :gr_hail: Mark VIII for some blue haired Buick driver :bowrofl: .

You know I also remember those days. I had a reason for switching from sporty to luxury. Ever since I could drive, my favorite car was a 78 Coupe De' Ville. My friends uncle had one and I wanted it.

I was running a 67 Camaro at the time and staying away from the cops was a little difficult. I assumed it was the car so I went luxury, I was 20 at the time. That made matters worse. Now they were stopping me and asking me how I was paying for such a car. I had an 85' Lincoln Conti Gevenchy edition. It was two years old at the time. Worst car I ever owned. Tons of engine trouble.

Funny how things work out though. Several years later I was in the drywall business and that same friends uncle needed his house taped. The trade off was the Coupe for the drywall job. Yes my first Caddi. I haven't owned anything else since.

I've got the letterman jacket right from GM, leather hat, gold charm, gold ring, promo wall rug from a dealer, shirts, desktop wallpaper, cups, etc, etc etc. Most of my friends call me the Cadillac man. When I go into one of the local dealers, OTTO Cadillac, they know me by name and tell me I should work there.

Just rambling

mespock said:
Sunday I took my Mark VII :steering to Madison Wisconsin to pick my kids up from a visit with their mother.

On the 80 mile drive to Madison I passed a bunch of :waving: Cadillacs and Lincolns :smilies-3 . But They were all old :pat: !

What is this saying about us.

I remember when I thought I would always drive a sporty car :cool: , not an old person's car.

But then I don't think Lincoln made the :gr_hail: Mark VIII for some blue haired Buick driver :bowrofl: .

Now youve picked a sensitive subject. I think the boat is better myself. Whenever i drive my buddys mustang or mark, no one wants to race me or go toe to toe at that lane that cuts off. They know its fast. Now when i have the TC or the sebring convertible then they think they can take me on and i must say the sebring has 4 race kills and counting, the TC has taken out the sebring, probe GT, grand am GT, v6 mustang and Tbirds. Its the slow car people that like to race.

Deville rides terrible, interior is nice, and crash rating is death. The towncar may be less appointed but is more reliable, easier and cheaper to fix rides better, is one of the most safe vehicles on the road and is one of the few vehicles mostly made in the US at 95 percent.

I agree, I love the luxury aspect of the vehicle. People are awestruck by the bells and whistles, and I drive a car that is 15 years old! It's comfy for long trips, but has enough power to get up and out of it's own way.

Members online

Back