Lincoln Vs. Cadillac: Mark LT Vs. EXT

Gothicaleigh

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
The Mark LT is scheduled for production.
Based on the manufacturer's estimated performance, how do you think this will match up to Caddy's pickup? Will it appeal to the Escalade crowd, or go the way of the BlackWood?

2004 Lincoln Mark LT Production Ready Concept
5.4L V8
300hp @ 5000 rpm
Max Torque: 365 @ 3750 rpm
0-60: 10.64
¼ mile: 17.55 @ 81.30
60-0 Braking: 141 ft.
Payload: 1650 lbs.
Towing: 7200 lbs.

2004 Cadillac Escalade EXT
6.0L V8
345hp @ 5200 rpm
Max torque: 380 @ 4000 rpm
0-60: 7.95
¼ mile: 16.14 @ 86.20
60-0 Braking: 145 ft.
Payload: 1121 lbs.
Towing: 7400 lbs.

The Mark LT looks like a real luxury pick up truck. I think the Escalade looks like a pimpmobile only good for bling bling :N

I wouldn't worry about it's performance against the EXT. I have a greater concern about how it will do against the top-end "real" trucks that are outfitted with high quality audio, an excellent ride, leather, and many other amenities. I wonder if people would rather have a luxury-truck or a truck with luxurious options.

Well my true belief is that neither Cadillac or Lincoln should make trucks, but if they must, then I would rather have a real truck with luxury options.

If I'm going to buy a truck then I must want a truck. If I were looking for a 'Luxury Truck' then I probably shouldn't be looking at trucks at all. Of course many people buy vehicles for the wrong reasons.

Now for the SUV side, I'm not really sure what to think. A friend of mine has an Excursion and when he bought it I said, What the hell are you doing? His reply was "we have kids." So I said dude you have 1 kid and he's 2, why do you need a 9 passenger vehicle. "Oh" he says so we can bring friends with us.

Anyway I just don't get any of it. First of all I buy vehicles for me. Not for the kids or my friends. Second of all I don't have nine friends that I would want to travel with me all at the same time.

If you need to transport that many people at the same time, BUY A BUS.

:Beer

Last edited by a moderator:
codewize said:

I'm thinking something along these lines:

bus2.JPG

codewize said:
Well my true belief is that neither Cadillac or Lincoln should make trucks, but if they must, then I would rather have a real truck with luxury options.

If I'm going to buy a truck then I must want a truck. If I were looking for a 'Luxury Truck' then I probably shouldn't be looking at trucks at all. Of course many people buy vehicles for the wrong reasons.

:iagree:

Lincolns and Cadillacs are not truck companies. Truck are not for Luxury, they are for hauling (and not hauling @$$). :waving:

This doesn't mean I don't like trucks but I don't agree with the Lincoln and Cadillac SUV's. I guess if it's what you want and you have the money to burn. (I just don't get it). But then I don't get why people like Pineapple. :eek:

I'm not trying to :q anyone off I just don't get the truck concept for Luxury car companies Do they really need a piece of that market :?

If ford is going to do it i hope they dont just slap some chrome on the new f150. That is going to push the LT the way of the blackwood. The intent is for rich people who have things to haul that dont get time to haul them. They can but they never will. Too busy paying off a 60k truck.

All GM did was slap some heavy makeup and jewelry on that ugly tank chevy truck and called it a escalade. Why can't Ford add a little chrome? :cool:

Members online

No members online now.
Back