Lincoln Mk8-a lovely sports car

russellhyde

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
My '94 model had 150k when I bought it in Jan '06. It has 169k now & it's not slowing down. My '98 model is nice but it doesn't run as hard as my '94. It has 152k but it runs sluggish in comparison. Don't get me wrong, I've kicked the butts of the Infiniti G35, Mercedes CLK AMG, & the little Honda Prelude in my '98 model but I still feel that the Gen 1's have more endurance than the Gen 2's. I owned a silver Gen 2 that was totalled by an old lady last year after owning it for only 2 months & it ran the same way my current Gen 2 runs also. I beat up on a Pontiac G6 out in East Texas coming from Arkansas last year on I-30 in the silver one too so it did run like a MARK. But sometimes when I hit it in either one of the Gen 2's they bog on me & the RPM's run thru the roof until I get off it to let the passing gear turn over. The four Gen 1's I've owned have never done that. I still love the Gen 2's though because they also have a body style that can't be beat. I get compliments on our red '98 Gen 2 all the time. It's a LSC w/directional rims from Lincoln. I try not to do aftermarket rims due to the theft rate & affordability.

My 98 LSC seemed to do the same thing, it would hesitate and then start to pull. I pulled out the air silensor in the intake and drilled out the factory box, now it is WAY more responsive. also after the trans fluid change to merc. V is supposed to stop that nonsensce. haha. but yeah, i think the gen 2's are sexy as hell. and + 1 on the toreador red! from a felow owner!

Hey, I've owned 4 Gen 1's since '96, one bought Dec '96, Feb '00, Jan '06 & the one I have now in Jan '06 also (I traded for it with the first one I bought in Jan '06 because it's Jade). But hey Mespock, you can't tell me you don't look crazy everytime you see someone in a Gen 2 because all the Gen 1 owners look let down by their cars when they see me in mine. I've even got an owner of a white base model Gen 2 hating on me.

haha for some reason this post reminds me of an elementary school theme paper i once wrote on mustangs

Gen 2 all the way! I never look at a gen 1 and whis I had that and not mine I love my gen 2 too much

Members online

No members online now.
Back