Lincoln LS8

bofthej

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I am a new owner of a 2001 LS8, and I was wondering if there are any mechanical problems or anything else wrong with that model, any help would be awesome.

Biggest problem I've noticed (or even had myself) is that FLM put terrible valve cover gaskets in the thing. When they blow (if they haven't been replaced already) you'll know it...misfires, CEL and the like. There have been a few issues with the trannie but I don't think it's really as rampant a problem as it would seem (the whole squeaky wheel thing). They worked alot of the bugs out of the car between '00 and '01...just my $0.02

BTW... :W 2 :V Have fun here and join your local chapter...

bofthej said:
I am a new owner of a 2001 LS8, and I was wondering if there are any mechanical problems or anything else wrong with that model, any help would be awesome.

:W to :V

have you called the ford customer service# to see what recalls have been done to it?? have your vin# ready & call 800-392-3673. they will tell you whats been done. if you can, get a carfax to find out where it was originally purchased. maybe you can call the dealership it was purchased at & give em your vin# to see if they will look up to find any service done at that dealership... might help for starters...

take a looksie back through some of the previous threads. lots of the problems are not really Year specific. many of the problems are common with 00-03 LS's v8 OR v6... and we have a wide variety here...

any problem that does come up, do a search on here, and i'm sure you'll find something... and if there are no previous posts, just make a new thread & someone will have a how-to or some pointers for you! :)
as long as your a d-i-y kind of person & have some tools and some patience, nothing can be too big to handle. either that, or you'd better have lots of extra money because the Lincoln mercury dealerships tend to overcharge. you will see that everyone on here is all about helping eachother avoid paying the "stealership" to do any work that can be done yourself. :Beer

:L

Members online

No members online now.
Back