Lincoln LS: Why do you love your LS.........

A car is an appliance :biggrin:
Nice fridge you have there :cool:

That said, other than a small aftermarket, what's not to like about an inexpensive V8 powered RWD IRS luxury euro sedan with BMWish looks.

After 7 years ownership it's my winter car now that I have a supercharged 600 hp 2002 Corvette C5 M6 vert to citizen drive :headbang:::zgreenbou as my summer cruiser.

My Appliance! LOL!:headbang::dancefool

IMG_2355.JPG20140418_134927.jpg20140418_134959.jpg

IMG_2355.JPG

20140418_134927.jpg

20140418_134959.jpg

Just put Jet Hot coated Longtubes and 3" X Pipe in the Vette on wednesday :burnout:

My Winter Car! :lol:

104_0394.JPG104_0367.JPG

104_0394.JPG

104_0367.JPG

now thats a sweet supercharged LS... :shifty:

what SC? procharger? 11-13 psi?

thats the last year of the LS1 right or is that the first year of the LS2? any interior mods to the engine?

sorry for the 20 questions, it just a fresh breath of air instead of talking about another overheating, misfiring, rough shifting LS some kid just picked up for a couple of grand,,,

now thats a sweet supercharged LS... :shifty:

what SC? procharger? 11-13 psi?

thats the last year of the LS1 right or is that the first year of the LS2? any interior mods to the engine?

sorry for the 20 questions, it just a fresh breath of air instead of talking about another overheating, misfiring, rough shifting LS some kid just picked up for a couple of grand,,,

I think it's still an LS-1.
There was a 97-2000 Gen 1 and a 2001-04 Gen 2 C5.
Mine's the Gen 2 like my LS.

I am John Galt LOL!
from Atlas Shrugged

I can make something from nothing :headbang:

so money is not an issue for me.
It's an A&A Vortech SC
The motor is stock internals with 8 psi.
It has a girdle brace that holds the transmission/rear axle assembly together strongly to prevent flexing and wheel hop.
Bought the car last june with 20k miles on the clock.
It was in mint condition.
Had the SC put on last september.

It was dynotuned by professional installers and put out 538 rwhp and 495 ft/lb of torque with shorties.
Now with the Longtubes it sings like a big bike, probably has 25+ more on both numbers, over 600 hp at the engine.
It sure is a lot of fun, especially with the manual 6 speed!

well that sir, that is one fine machine...

if it is an appliance, it is a 60" dual oven 8 burner SS Wolf range!

I thank you for the compliments.
I put about 250 hrs into the Vette.
I used to be a bodyman and painter and know my way
around cars.
I have my own private lift I parked the Vette on over the winter doing mods.
My LS mods are Home made CAI, SCT tune, LSD Posi, and a skirt kit and rear spoiler as well as Factory HIDs with Angel Eyes but mostly my 120 hr to do monster stereo with velcro held 7" tablet.
All this was done 4 years ago.

DSC_0014.JPG
4.JPG

3.JPGDSC_0315.JPGDSC_0049.JPG
11.jpg

IMG_1338.JPG

IMG_1347.JPG

4.JPG

3.JPG

DSC_0315.JPG

DSC_0049.JPG

11.jpg

DSC_0014.JPG

1100 watt rms old school Rockford Kenwood Stereo with my Galaxy Note 2 as the head unit.
This took 100 hrs last summer just after I got the car.

IMG_2359.JPG20130704_124050.jpg20130821_171234.jpg20130630_131322.jpg

IMG_2359.JPG

20130704_124050.jpg

20130821_171234.jpg

20130630_131322.jpg

20130701_075004.jpg

20130704_124120.jpg

Well gentlemen after reading all the responses both positive and negative about the LS let me say this much. I am still on the edge between selling my 01 or going in one hundred percent like I have with other cars in truly making it "mine". By "mine" I mean fixing every single issue that arises, putting in a stereo system, restoring the interior, and eventually rebuilding the engine and trans when the time arises. The last two days I have put some miles on this car and man it is smooth as silk. The handling and power is just something I can't deny.

If you like your 01, you should really try an 06.

How can you compare an early 2000's luxury sedan with something with the latest technology? For the most part the newer tech is going to reign superior in every situation.

Easy, the car is only 11 years old and was a top of the line luxury model, vs a base model car that is only 10 years newer. I guess I could compare it with a new Lincoln MK something or other, but the LS would blow one of those away merely on the basis of it being a rear wheel drive car.

Easy, the car is only 11 years old and was a top of the line luxury model, vs a base model car that is only 10 years newer. I guess I could compare it with a new Lincoln MK something or other, but the LS would blow one of those away merely on the basis of it being a rear wheel drive car.

It's actually more like 16 years old. There were very few technological advancements in 2002ish when the '03 was built. Remember, technology progresses exponentially these days.

How much do you want for your LS? :p

Still driving my 01 V6 daily, 14years and still going strong. Luxury ride.

It's actually more like 16 years old. There were very few technological advancements in 2002ish when the '03 was built. Remember, technology progresses exponentially these days.

How much do you want for your LS? :p

I dunno, we'll see what they are going for when I go to sell. Can't do anything right now.

Navigator and Town Car.

Navigator was just a ginned up Explorer with a huge price tag, doesn't count. Town Car I can see as their top dog, just don't see the LS as having the same target market though. I've always seen the LS as a sports car and the Town Car as a soft, comfortable ride for the grandparents.

Navigator and Town Car.

not to mention for the entire time the 1st gens were out, the Continental, which has been the standard of luxury and lincoln for decades now...

the LS was literally the bottom of the totem pole in lincolns line up.

Navigator was just a ginned up Explorer with a huge price tag, doesn't count. Town Car I can see as their top dog, just don't see the LS as having the same target market though. I've always seen the LS as a sports car and the Town Car as a soft, comfortable ride for the grandparents.

Maybe Expedition but certainly not Explorer.....

From the VeeP of marketing at our first Lincoln sponsored get-together (complete with autocross course) at the then World Headquarters in Irvine, CA January 2001....

(paraphrase from memory).....

"We did a study and found the average age of our buyers were about 63. A study 10 years later showed the average age to be 73. If didn't take us long to figure that we would be out of customers in the not too distant future. We needed a car that would appeal to the mid-30's to mid-40's professional that would normally be looking at the BMW 5-series." Lincoln even purchased a 5-Series and modeled the LS highly after that car. A LOT of the weird things (like the window lift mechanism) the LS seems to have are a BMW copy. (Speaking of window regulators, I would rather replace the LS/BMW/MB style than I would the old scissor mechanism where you had to reach in behind the inner door panel and wrestle the old mechanism out without cutting up your arms!) The LS was always to be an entry-level luxury car. Dealers also had (and still do to some extent) the mentality that a customer starts at the bottom end of their line-up and as their income increases they move up the line, i.e. Ford to Mercury to Lincoln or Chevy to Buick to Oldsmobile to Cadillac (Pontiac being the sport division).

We've discussed this ad nauseam, but the failure of the LS was caused mainly by most dealers trying to sell mini-Continentals to blue-hairs and the lack of advertising.

Members online

Back