Lincoln ls tires and door jammed

lincolnsforlife

New LVC Member
Reaction score
So I've had my ls 2001 ls v8 for about 6 months now it's been a great car to except recently, my door jams on the inside and I have to roll down my window to open it from the outside. But now my window fell of the track ( I think ) so I have to climb out of the passenger side to get out. And I was just wondering about how much it would be to fix both the door and window, so I don't get ripped off. Also it's my first time buying tires ever and it's been a very frustrating time trying to find the right ones. I'm looking for low-ish profile and between 80 and 120 bucks for 16 inch rims any suggestions? Thanks joshua

Try and search a bit would ya, type in "Lincoln LS" on youtube and this vid comes up on the first page,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9mPqqkDGrU

You can do this repair yourself, dealer will want you to take out a loan to cover the bill.

as for tires, check in the stickies above, all sorts of info on wheels and tires PLUS on the first page today, ROBOT is hosting a "not so expensive, quality made" [cough-cough] tire thread, we have PB&J sandwiches there if you hurry!

GLWRs and Welcome.

Also josh, if your tight on cash (which is not good owning this car), perhaps look on classified listings for someone in your area trying to sell the stock 17" 5 spoke Sport wheels with some rubber left on them, good deals to be had on the stocker Sport wheels which are 17"compared to your base model 16", ... just saying.

Why would you want low profile 16s? All the harshness of 22's without any of the look? Do you want the skateboard look?

ee31d2ee0286c42b8090ac806cbeb0eb.jpg

Don't forget about the speed rating.

ee31d2ee0286c42b8090ac806cbeb0eb.jpg

Improper Sizes...:confused:

I'm sure you know this but just in case you don't and if you decide (for some unknown reason) to get mis-matched tire brands and sizes.
I was just riding on the stock chrome 17" rims on my Gen1 LSV8 (Goodyear Eagle LS P235/50R17, front and back). Then got a front flat
driving to L.A. one weekend. Luckily the next off ramp I pulled over, had a used tire store. I found the closest tire size they had @ $20.00
installed. Kool I thought !! Until I "tried" to get back on the freeway !!?? My car wouldn't go past 35-40mph. Too make a long story short...

If you run mis-matched or dis-similar tire/wheel sizes, the wheel sensors will notice it too. So this would be the time to "dis-engage" the
wheel traction sensors (the button should be next to the shifter). I learned the hard way and had to pay $300.00 for the damn tow !!!

All because I didn't know about and failed to de-press one button to the "off" position. I'm riding level w/ 50's (front) and 45 series in
the (back). No problems, or glitches with the wheel sensor at "on position" with the Chrome stock 17" wheels and different series tires:
Goodyear Eagle LS-1 P235/5017 (front tires) and Goodyear Eagle LS-2 P235/4517 (Rear tires). Gives the LS a "leveled" sit/riding stance.

Any money for your car should be considered an "investment" so what ever choices you make for your LS, invest in it wisely (the first time).
You wouldn't want to be thinking of what rims and tires you want three years from now. Anything and any amount you put for your LS ...
should be thought over carefully and thouroughly. It's your Money... afterall. This website has saved me alot of money, and questions with
anything related to my GEN.1 LSV8... Good luck with your choices... and enjoy.

The button will disable Traction Control and, if equipped, Advancetrac. The wheel speed sensors cannot be disabled, as that would mean ABS is disabled as well. Disabling TC/AT will help you get going, but if you get into a tricky situation involving slamming on the brakes, in a turn, in wet/icy conditions, your car may easily create a hazardous, unpredictable response.

Regardless, OP doesn't seem to want different size tires at the same time, just different from stock.

Anyway, you might be the only person I've seen who wanted the rear to sit lower than the front. The smaller rear wheel arch makes most people lower the front to match (or lower the rear less when doing a full drop). I just find it interesting. To each their own

Yes to clarify I just don't know what size tires to get I'm not sure what's on it now I think they're p235 something but when someone saw them they said they were way too wide..no I don't want the skateboard look I just don't want the tires to be really big is all... and the rims I have on now are the 16 inch 5 spoke stock ls rims so what would be a good size tire for that? I was told the right size was 215 60 16 but like I said I'm new to buying tires and have no idea

And also they're almost bold and now I get a loud humming noise in the front (which are more worn than the back) but when I turn the sound goes away but when I straighten out it comes back I checked to make sure there's no metal sticking out which there's not but is that just due to them being worn? Or something else?

I think you meant you want tires with a lower width. "Low profile" refers to the height of the sidewall and is denoted by the 60 in 215/60/16. It means the sidewall height is 60% the tread width (215mm).

215/60/R16" is the stock size for non-sports. 235/55/16 gives you an almost identical diameter while being 20mm wider (235 vs 215). Wider tires give you more grip on pavement, but increase the likelihood of hydroplaning and have a similar effect on snow

Tires do tend to get noisier as they wear. You should be more concerned about tread depth than just whether or not the belts are showing, provided the tires are wearing evenly. Your treads move water out from under the tire to give you better traction in the rain.

Members online

Back