Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JustALs

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Just asking to make sure before I buy them and if they will rub.. I can get a new set of winter tires for cheap but they are 235/65/17 ... I use to run 60s in winter and 65 aren't that much taller maybe an inch total but I need to make sure thanks

Call a local tire shop and ask them. Just don't tell them you won't be buying tires from them.

Or... go to tirerack dot com website. They have charts for that... that give revs per mile differences... and any other conversion.

Haha as stupid as my question lol but for the speedometer and tire size the 3 versions of the ls has alot of diff size 55 50 60 16 or 17 but i use gps for speed. I wanted to be 100% i dont rub on bumps but with some searching I just saw some people run with 20 inch wheels with 45s so It should be ok I guess

I shouldnt of asked lol cheers

Last edited:
Had to cut the upper control arm ball joint hex part of the stud all good

(facepalm) And when you need to take that apart to do a repair... ???

Dumb question. Does the upper ball joint even come out separately on these? When I recently did some suspension work on my 2005 Sport there was one questionable upper ball joint. It didn't look replaceable to me so I put in a new complete control arm.
It pays to shop around. Even adding in an extra $55 for overnight shipping I had less than $190 into 2 control arms. Local NAPA wanted $230 each.

No... the upper ball joint is non-serviceable. However, by cutting the hex off the stud... that may make replacing that control arm a challenge the next time it needs replaced.

Thst hex is used to keep the stud from spinning when removing the nut.

No... the upper ball joint is non-serviceable. However, by cutting the hex off the stud... that may make replacing that control arm a challenge the next time it needs replaced.

Thst hex is used to keep the stud from spinning when removing the nut.

Yeah, I found that out when I was installing new shock/spring units from Strutmaster and noticed the driver side upper ball joint was questionable. Being the first time I ever worked on an LS I was winging it. I just cut the stud with a sawzall to undo the ball joint. Then slowed down and looked things over closer, the light bulb came on and I realized what the hex end was for. Fortunately that realization came early on in the operation.

Haha as stupid as my question lol but for the speedometer and tire size the 3 versions of the ls has alot of diff size 55 50 60 16 or 17 but i use gps for speed. I wanted to be 100% i dont rub on bumps but with some searching I just saw some people run with 20 inch wheels with 45s so It should be ok I guess

I shouldnt of asked lol cheers
Maybe read up on what the tire specs mean before calling other responses stupid? The profile/series number (45, 50, 65, etc) doesn't mean anything on its own. All stock LS tire sizes are within 2% of each other's overall diameter. Your 235/65/r17 is 10% bigger than the OE size but my 285/35/r18 is the same diameter as stock. Figure that one out

did any of the ls come with 235 65 17 stock? No. Does that mean it wont fit? No..
I just asked if it would fit, not to know that a bigger tire is bigger and make my speedometer reading incorrect lol

Last edited:

Members online

Back