Lincoln ls springs

jdouglas22

LVC Member
Reaction score
01 v6. A spring broke but I can not find any. I called advanced auto and AutoZone and both said they do not carry. Do they sell the springs with another part? Is there a cross reference for the springs with another car? Thank you much.

You broke a spring? What the heck happened? Get a set of Eibachs or call call maxx in the ad to the right.

Parts search on car-parts.com? Unless you prefer to buy new.

If you drove on it with the snapped spring, then the strut is probably toast too. Might as well just order a new quick strut (strut+spring assembly)

Might as well just order a new quick strut (strut+spring assembly)

Been discussed before. These just don't exist. Amazon used to list one, but it was just the shock.

And, we have coil-over shocks, NOT struts, no matter what the catalog might call it.

So say at AutoZone they would have it listed for the rear as coil over shocks? Does it come as an assembly usually?

Did not realize this... have seen the "quick strut" assembly on Amazon, figured it was "as described" but I guess not.

When I last ordered shocks/springs for the car, I ordered them separate from the dealer (before I became an active member here and heard about Max)

I know they are "shocks" rather than struts, as they are not a structural point of the suspension. But in an effort to not confuse the OP, I described them as most web stores do.

I know they are "shocks" rather than struts, as they are not a structural point of the suspension. But in an effort to not confuse the OP, I described them as most web stores do.

Roger.... And that would be not a part of the steering geometry.

Max @ chapman ford...

He gives a good discount to LVC members, and hes a pretty good guy to deal with.

His username is mrzeee IIRC

I would stay away from Auto Part store shocks/springs (monroe, kyb).

You can get the spring itself from Ford for $60. And, it comes with the insulator.

So I went to the local ford dealer said they do not have any springs and can not get any and referred me to a shop and they said out of all of their dealers they can not get any either. The part number for my 01 v6 non sport they said is xw4z-5560-ba. Don't know what to do?

Check local salvage yards for a spring(as previously suggested) unless you are now going to go to a lowering spring. Gen 1 parts new are not the easiest to come by. And within a few years, gen 2 parts are going to begin to be somewhat scarce as well.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't all 1gen springs/shocks replaced by their 2gen equivalents, save for the Euro setup, which was discontinued?

Yeah max couldn't do much as the springs were discontinued. They had three of them the pefr and sport were still available just mine were not. Anyone know if those will work on my non sport ls? Make it sit to low or to high?

Do the sport springs work on a non sport do you know?

Yes. IIRC the springs are the same; the differences are the diameter of the stabilizer bar and the shocks. I've had sport shocks on our (old) non-sport V6 for well over 100K miles.

Members online

Back