Lincoln LS SCT

dwiggy

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I know the Lincoln LS is no longer in production but those of you who still love these cars can benifit from a little information from time to time. This thread is written to clear the air about what the SCT tuner can do for you.

Besides the standard information that can be found on SCTs website about options and so forth, here are the following customizable parameters specifically for the Lincoln LS:

Global Spark
0-2000rpm -14 to 2 degrees
2000-4000rpm -8 to 2 degrees
4000-8000rpm -8 to 2 degrees

WOT Air/Fuel - 6.0 leaner to 14.0 richer

Axle Ration - Stock, 2.73, 3.08, 3.27, 3.31, 3.55, 3.73, 3.90, 4.00, 4.10, 4.30, 4.56, 4.88, 5.13

Tire Revs/Mile - Stock, 500 to 900

Speed Limit - Stock, 20 to 125mph

Rev Limit/Drive - 5800 to 7800rpm

Rev Limit/Neutral - 2500 to 4000rpm

Idle Speed Drive - 400 to 1200rpm

Idle Speed Neutral - 448 to 1248rpm

You can order the SCT SF3 with three strategy based tunes.

You can get custom tunes built by an authrized SCT Dealer.

I used More Power Tuning.

Custom tuners can convert the Lincoln LS to a Manual car (you will get a message center error for invalid transmission data)

You might get errors when trying to program your ecu. These errors are 1017 and 1009 and they are caused by system interruptions. Pull all non-essential fuses then try again:

i.e.,
A/C, Fuel Inj, Trans Solenoid, HEGO, COPs, ABS Module, ABS Motor, Radio, ABS/TCS, Cluster, O/D, Climate Control, and Shift interlock

I know with my SCTII I can turn off the speed limiter, and you can also change the transmission shift line pressure.

Is there a disable setting for those limits?

I read the options directly off of the SCT SF3/X3 tuner.

Some of the 'Stock' settings are off (i.e., the stock engine does not have a rev limiter in drive).

Dealers have more control and can turn off the limiters.

I know with my SCTII I can turn off the speed limiter, and you can also change the transmission shift line pressure.

Thanks for the update.

The SF3/X3 does offer this option on other Ford models. It might not be available on mine because it has been converted to a manual transmission.

The tuners that have specifically worked with the LS (ie, Torrie, ILLS) can do a few other tricks, like get SST to start in 1st (for 1st gen) and change shift points.
I think what's above is what's available directly from the SCT device as tunable parameters. The custom tune file will be able to modify other things. I'm surprised the A/F ratio and spark advance parameters are available that easily.

... I'm surprised the A/F ratio and spark advance parameters are available that easily.

That's why I posted this. I could not get this information from anyone prior to purchasing this device and it made the decision to spend $379.00 a tough one.

May be bringing a dead thread back to life but here goes. I bought the SCT programer for my 06 ls, is are there any downloadable tunes out there? I'm trying to do away with the dead stop to the floor no brake lag. Is this possible?

Members online

No members online now.
Back