Lincoln LS Problems

Chubbs765

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
So i'm pretty sure I know what the problem is but i'm asking for your guy's opinions. First the engine light would just flash when I would get on it indicating a misfire, well today the engine light has came on full time, I'm getting missing and shaking at idle. I'm pretty sure I just need to replace the VCG's spark plugs and coils. What's a good brand of plugs and coils you guys use?

Get the coils from Max at Chapman Ford. Or get the cheap set and then get the parts from Max.

ANOTHER thread with the SAME issue? REALLY???????

I know I know, but the shaking issue kind of got me mixed up. A local mechanic was tryin to jip me saying it was a vacuum issue as well

Get the Visteon Coils from ebay or amazon....they're like 180 a set and there are tons of topics on this.

I know I know, but the shaking issue kind of got me mixed up. A local mechanic was tryin to jip me saying it was a vacuum issue as well

Shaking is coils too.

Please guys cmon the number one thing with the ls is coils and plugs!

Change them first and then post if it still shakes!

I just did this to mine this last week...if you're going to take the time to do it, do the valve cover gaskets too.

I'm pretty sure I just need to replace the VCG's spark plugs and coils.

depending on how much flashing that light was doing, you might be adding catalytic converters to that list.

the reason why shaking = coils is because when the motor is not running right, it does not run smoothly.

new rule: every time there is any problem with an LS, we should all just suspect that it is the coils until we know for a fact that it is not. i dont care if your window wont roll back up or your front suspension "pops", START WITH THE COILS!

personally, i also would at least wait to see if the VGC's actually failed before replacing them

Loud, the light only flashed a max of 4 different times. Yesterday the light came on in full and I haven't drove it since. So I think I'm going to go with e3 plugs and visteon coils. Sound good?

...new rule: every time there is any problem with an LS, we should all just suspect that it is the coils until we know for a fact that it is not. i dont care if your window wont roll back up or your front suspension "pops", START WITH THE COILS!

I once saw a Far Side cartoon showing a book on veterinary medicine. The page on horses listed several different symptoms. By each symptom, the solution was "shoot horse." We need something like that for the LS. By each symptom would be "replace all coils and plugs."

Loud, the light only flashed a max of 4 different times. Yesterday the light came on in full and I haven't drove it since. So I think I'm going to go with e3 plugs and visteon coils. Sound good?

No need for E3 plugs. The ngk plugs do the same thing for less.

I had the e3 plugs and I was not impressed they didn't last very long and gave me no extra mileage so just get motor raft or ngk as they are basically the same from what I have read on here

I once saw a Far Side cartoon showing a book on veterinary medicine. The page on horses listed several different symptoms. By each symptom, the solution was "shoot horse." We need something like that for the LS. By each symptom would be "replace all coils and plugs."

...or "shoot LS"

Members online

Back