Lincoln LS Key-less Entry Not Working On Passenger Side

FizbanBOOM

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm new here and new to forums in general. I just got my 2005 Lincoln LS V8 two days ago with 101k miles and I'm currently trying to work out some minor quirks it has. Right now I'm quite stumped by my key-less entry. The Passenger side doors do not react to the key-fob when I attempt to lock or unlock it; unlike the Driver's side doors unlock with the key-fob and lock with no problem. I don't hear the actuators even attempt to work the locks on the Passenger side. Any suggestions on stuff I can try before purchasing new actuators? And if so where might I find said actuators? From my understanding I can only get the actuators from an entire Lock Assembly. Thanks again guys for the assistance.

You say "keyless" instead of saying power locks. Does that mean that all doors lock/unlock when you use the button on either front door?
There is a setting on the setup menu for all doors to unlock on the first press, or for only the driver's door to unlock on the first press, and the rest of the doors to unlock on the 2nd press.
"From my understanding I can only get the actuators from an entire Lock Assembly" I don't understand this statement. They are one and the same. There are only the latch assemblies, which have the power lock and door ajar features built-in.

You say "keyless" instead of saying power locks. Does that mean that all doors lock/unlock when you use the button on either front door?
There is a setting on the setup menu for all doors to unlock on the first press, or for only the driver's door to unlock on the first press, and the rest of the doors to unlock on the 2nd press.
"From my understanding I can only get the actuators from an entire Lock Assembly" I don't understand this statement. They are one and the same. There are only the latch assemblies, which have the power lock and door ajar features built-in.
Sorry for the confusion. I do mean the power locks. Only the Driver's side front door unlocks on the first press, which is no problem. On the second press though, only the Driver's side rear door unlocks. Neither door on the passenger side unlocks.
Sorry for making the Lock Assembly bit sound wonky, I was basically trying to confirm that the actuators were a part of the lock assembly. Thanks for the help and I hope that clears it up a bit.

Last edited:
Okay. It probably is that those two door latch assemblies have failed. The driver's door latch is driven by the DDM. The other three door latches are driven by the REM. Since one of those three works, probably the other two have failed. Unfortunately, this is not uncommon. I don't think you can buy them new anymore, that leaves ebay and the local pick-n-pulls. There is a thread on here somewhere about rebuilding the latch assemblies, but it is not for the faint of heart.

Okay. It probably is that those two door latch assemblies have failed. The driver's door latch is driven by the DDM. The other three door latches are driven by the REM. Since one of those three works, probably the other two have failed. Unfortunately, this is not uncommon. I don't think you can buy them new anymore, that leaves ebay and the local pick-n-pulls. There is a thread on here somewhere about rebuilding the latch assemblies, but it is not for the faint of heart.
So you reckon it's just coincidence that only the right side of the car doesn't power lock/unlock? Is there anyway I can troubleshoot it to make sure that the latches are bad and nothing else before I get the parts? Most of the other electronic components for the car work perfectly except for the courtesy lights and the lights that would for the sunshade-mirror. Don't know if that provides any more useful information or not.

Certainly you can diagnose it, and I do recommend that.
2006 Lincoln LS Workshop Manual
I think you can skip down to step H3
Ah brilliant, this brings up another question I have. It's talking about a Diagnostic Tool and I assume that's basically a code reader with more diagnostic sort of functions? Any recommendations one what Diagnostic Tool I should invest in?

Members online

No members online now.
Back