Lincoln ls head gasket

SidewayzLinc

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knows if the Lincoln ls has a composit head gasket or if it’s multi layered steel ? Thanks

You have to be more specific. Which Lincoln LS are you talking about? 1st Gen or 2 Gen? V-6 or V-8?

No problem . From what i could find out on Rockauto for a 2002 Lincoln LS V-8 they have multilayered steel headgaskets as OEM replacements. Some of the other members here can tell you if they had something different on them when they came out in 2002.

No problem . From what i could find out on Rockauto for a 2002 Lincoln LS V-8 they have multilayered steel headgaskets as OEM replacements. Some of the other members here can tell you if they had something different on them when they came out in 2002.
Thanks, also do you know anything about how to view oil pressure ? I’ve had my ls for a couple of months and still can’t find the option to view oil pressure, it would make no sense to not include it at least I think

Thanks, also do you know anything about how to view oil pressure ? I’ve had my ls for a couple of months and still can’t find the option to view oil pressure, it would make no sense to not include it at least I think
There is no oil pressure monitoring. There is only a switch that indicates has some pressure or has no pressure.

Joe is right. Lincoln didnt provide a way for the owner to tell exactly how many pounds of oil pressure the LS has. Im not sure why that was not included.

Joe is right. Lincoln didnt provide a way for the owner to tell exactly how many pounds of oil pressure the LS has. Im not sure why that was not included.
It makes me nervous not knowing my pressure lol I’m probably gonna install my own, thanks for the information

It makes me nervous not knowing my pressure lol I’m probably gonna install my own, thanks for the information
You are welcome. The switch is on the side of your oil filter adapter. I know exactly how you feel. It eases the mind knowing you got good oil pressure.

You could also get an actual mechanical pressure gauge and make a "T" tap... which would allow the monitoring of actual oil pressure, along with the "switch".

Ohh i noticed that we don't have a pressure gauge...hmmm Just a light....
Many cars that do have a gauge might as well have a light, because they just have a switch too. The gauge will read no oil pressure or about mid range pressure. It's ridiculous. (There certainly are some cars that have real oil pressure senders and gauges.)
I think some manufacturers got tired of trying to explain to customers that the oil pressure is supposed to vary with engine temperature and engine RPM.

Yup. Back in the 60's 70's and 80's it was common to install an actual mechanical oil pressure gauge mounted somewhere in the passenger compartment.

Oil pressure would vary from 20 psi and up, based on temperature and oil thickness, sometimes up to 50 psi with high performance engines

Yup. Back in the 60's 70's and 80's it was common to install an actual mechanical oil pressure gauge mounted somewhere in the passenger compartment.

Oil pressure would vary from 20 psi and up, based on temperature and oil thickness, sometimes up to 50 psi with high performance engines
I think that I remember my 73 Monterey (400 CI) approaching 80 PSI when cold (10W40 oil). It only had an oil light, but I added a gauge. (Once at operating temperature, I think it was in the 40s at speed.) Of course, this was a long time ago and I have verified on other occasions that I can't really trust my memories...

I think that I remember my 73 Monterey (400 CI) approaching 80 PSI when cold (10W40 oil). It only had an oil light, but I added a gauge. (Once at operating temperature, I think it was in the 40s at speed.) Of course, this was a long time ago and I have verified on other occasions that I can't really trust my memories...
That's because you always had you foot to the floorboard.:D

Members online

No members online now.
Back