Lincoln LS FS with chevy 350 engine

I just talked to him on the phone, he didnt have too much for it to work. The transmission well had to be massaged out about an inch to fit the trans and he used s10 v8 swap headers from heddman headers, which are pretty cheap from what i remember when i did a v8 swap in my old s10 years ago.
He also said all the windows works and everything, the engine is from a 98' Suburban converted to carb. Says it drives very well and 1st and 2nd gear gives you hell.

Cool to be stuck with a carbureted engine.
Cool to have no auto AC and only full heat or no heat (if even that).
Cool to have no ABS or advancetrac,
Cool to have something sticking through the hood for the engine air filter and intake, or no filter at all.
Cool to loose all the luxury of the car.

If that's the engine that you want, there are better choices than the LS to put it in.

Isn't that the one which was on sale over the winter in the Morgantown WV area? The blue in the engine bay rings a bell.

Cool to be stuck with a carbureted engine.
Cool to have no auto AC and only full heat or no heat (if even that).
Cool to have no ABS or advancetrac,
Cool to have something sticking through the hood for the engine air filter and intake, or no filter at all.
Cool to loose all the luxury of the car.

If that's the engine that you want, there are better choices than the LS to put it in.

Still has AC and PS. If you have the time and means to do it and no use for your LS anymore then I see why not make a sweet hotrod. I doubt it'll be used as a DD, just wouldnt make sense over a smooth 3.9 but cool nonetheless!

Hell I'm swapping a v8 into the conquest, I'm using the Lexus 1UZFE from the LS/SC/GS400 cars with a cd009 350z 6speed trans, just waiting for my clutch setup to come in and I'll be done.

Still has AC and PS. If you have the time and means to do it and no use for your LS anymore then I see why not make a sweet hotrod. I doubt it'll be used as a DD, just wouldnt make sense over a smooth 3.9 but cool nonetheless!

Hell I'm swapping a v8 into the conquest, I'm using the Lexus 1UZFE from the LS/SC/GS400 cars with a cd009 350z 6speed trans, just waiting for my clutch setup to come in and I'll be done.

Now thats a swap.

Running a Y pipe to a single exhuast with a Blitz Nur-Spec muffler.

A Chevy 350 could be fuel injected and they are great engines but not right for the LS. Our 3.9 may be small but it packs a punch for its size and does run very smooth.

When and if my LS takes a dump, I'd like to do an engione swap...maybe a Pontiac 400. :D

Any opinions on a 5.0 coyote swap?
The alluminator LS was bad as crap. :headbang:

ANY engine can be installed. The trick is making the electronics work correctly and play together. Even the Ford engineers didn't get things to work correctly (OLOA); and they had access to all the coding. They also had overheating issues with the blown 4.6L. If you notice all these engine swaps use a "custom" cluster. The factory one won't work. That is without beaucoup bucks! Then there is emission testing in places like CA. It is far, far more economical to buy the car that already has the engine installed.

Forget CA and their emissions, most of us dont have to worry about such NAZI regulations.
A small v12 like the BMW?

Forget CA and their emissions, most of us dont have to worry about such NAZI regulations.
A small v12 like the BMW?

Not yet. With all this global warming crap it won't be long before the EPA requires all states to follow the CARB's rules.

As long as you use a newer engine than what came in your car and use the updated emissions equipment it won't be an issue. Where people run into issues with these things is in trying to make the Lincoln computer talk to the donor engine's electronics. You can modify the engine to use the Lincoln's sensors, then have the program updated with the new cylinder size, injector constants and MAF size. If you go at it this way it makes the install a little harder but everything works and you get the power to boot.

Only left wing wacko states follow Calif CARB laws! Lived in Orange County, Sacramento County, & San Diego btwn 1976 - 1991. Yearly smog reports from state stated NO smog changes year to date in the state! No surprising it is the largest welfare state in the nation. Every homeowner lost there shirt in property values, twice since 1991. Highest taxes in the nation on everything! More counties declared bankruptcy in Calif then any other state! 3 day visit OK, LA south. Northern CA nice, Sacramento north. Still own condo in Carmichael. The wealthy are moving out of CA like cattle from a fire!

Members online

No members online now.
Back