Lincoln LS + Ford Thunderbird

JaredLS

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
ran across this auction for an 2002 Ford Thunderbird http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4641074937
I always knew that the engines where the same but I didn't think it would look identical under the hood. kind of funny. the interior is pretty similar as well, the seats and headrests look a bit more cumfy. and the shifter color is pretty cool to. could be good ideas for swaps.

They wrote Thunderbird on the dash trim on the passenger side. You would think that they could put Lincoln or the logo in the LS.

My brothers got a 02 T-bird, a lot of stuff is the same. The front seats would probably bolt right in, but what are you going to do for matching backs.

most everything is the same except body panels and interior panels (and obviously the 2 dr vs. 4). the platform is the same...drivetrain appears to be absolutely identical....as I believe is the suspension and braking system. Same car with really different lipstick.

I like the T-bird. I actually though about trading the LS for one because of similarities. But the options are not there. I could not find one with AC seats. I don't think that was an option in the T-bird. I'm sure if there were probably other things as well that were not availabe in the t-birds.

Later years I think came with better options. I know my brother doesn't have the message center, and no heated seats.

It is a very nice car, he bought in late 02 with all options. Its a garage queen, only about 7k on it now. I may try to borrow it this year a little.

I used to hate the look but its grown on me some. Not exactly liking the rear end still but definately a nice ride.

I'd love to have one as a play car. Something to cruise around in on a Saturday at the beach!

ToddG said:
I'd love to have one as a play car. Something to cruise around in on a Saturday at the beach!
If I had your money Todd, I'd burn mine!! :waving:

I love T-Birds (I had 7 down to three now). I like the newer body - except the rear- looks it has VW bug tail lights.
If the price was right I would get a newer one, but still pricey and the two seater makes it hard to sell the wife and kid on it, especially with so many other toys. However there is nothing like a T-bird Convertible in the summer and a Lincoln in the spring!

Do yo uthink the speedometer background would fit? I just realized the speedometer looked alot better

Members online

Back