Lincoln LS ESP's

medphys

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 2006 LS with 67,500 mi and out of warranty. I went to the dealership and the premium care plan ( 500 parts) is like $2800 which includes a $700 discount. they need to do a preliminary ck for 89.99 plus tax, will take 10% down and 0% finance for 17 mos ( max). Is there a better competing plan anybody is aware of.

I have to repair the DCCV before they sell me the plan. BTW, does the 10a fuse blow when the DCCV is leaking? I havent repaired it yet but my stereo has a static clicking, the audio guy tells me its the factory amp, but I read here it may be the fuse and changed it yesterday. still have the static. Thanks.

Whatever your choice, make sure that the plan covers the most common failures on the LS, such as coils, HVAC, tranny.

It can blow, but I think you misunderstood a bit. If you remove the fuse, and the static/clicking goes away, you'll confirm that the shorting DCCV is indeed the problem.

I think you can get a much better aftermarket warranty for alot less than that.. I'd tell the dealer to shove it..

I think you can get a much better aftermarket warranty for alot less than that.. I'd tell the dealer to shove it..

Thanks for the wake up call and Luk3 for the link. I did actually call the local ford dealership and can get $1980 for premium care. with $100 deductible and 36/48. pays to shop around . big diff between the lincoln, Ford and online plans. its also a piece of mind thing, knowing im covered for the unexpected, which can happen ANYTIME.

I almost bought the Lincoln/Ford ESP. It would have been a waste of my money. The only thing I've done between 50K & 100K miles is the upper radiator hose and the coils and plugs. The LS now has ~108K miles and is still running strong on stock (except for that radiator hose) cooling system parts.

I'd really only worry about the big-ticket items like engine/tranny. Those blow and you will have some serious cash to replace them. If the cooling system is considered part of the powertrain then even better. Have to read the warranty to find that out though.

Members online

No members online now.
Back