Lincoln ls coilovers

sleeperLS

LVC Member
Reaction score
Cj0KEQiA9P7FBRCtoO33_LGUtPQBEiQAU_tBgO2OvTlzn77aLm8xnvjWObyN74ZabA4Zfhb9zV4N6ogaAsAG8P8HAQ
Will these work or are the stance coil overs the only ones you can get for a ls?

I have no idea what the jumble of numbers you posted means, but I have on my shelf, ready to go on, a set of Koni double-adjustable coil-over shocks. It's necessary to make upper mounts since the Konis have an 'eye-type' upper end as well as the lower one. An hour with my garage tools (as well as my mig welder) was all it took.

KS

Don't bother posting any pics or anything there Cam, we didn't want to see anyhow! :p

Since I did the work, I moved all my garage stuff to a storage unit. The Konis are likely at the very back and buried at least somewhat. Hopefully come spring I'll be able to get a bit more organized. The mounts I mentioned pick up the three bolt holes where the top of the factory shocks bolt on and simply have two ears sticking down to provide a bolt-through for the eye on the top of the Koni.

KS

Sure sure sure
Pics or working on Corolla struts :p

I'm so teasing you ...

The mounts I mentioned pick up the three bolt holes where the top of the factory shocks bolt on and simply have two ears sticking down to provide a bolt-through for the eye on the top of the Koni.

That's interesting!!! So considering the top of the shock is "forked"... it had no close application for the LS,,, but the OAL was within specs???

That's interesting!!! So considering the top of the shock is "forked"... it had no close application for the LS,,, but the OAL was within specs???

Not happy with stiffer springs and Bilstein B6's??? I do understand that you are doing much more than the "stock" 135-150 mph than the LS can do. Were you looking for a MORE compliant suspension than what the LS offered,,, or less compliant than what was capable by design of the LS???

I don't understand your reference to 'forked'. The top of the factory shock assembly has a stud sticking up that goes through the factory upper mount. This upper mount is held to the car by the three bolts mentioned. Remove it, including the entire shock assembly, and replace it with the constructed mount. I made mine from a piece of square tubing welded to the plate that picks up the three bolts mentioned. The square tube is cut away on the lower end to create the pair of 'ears' I mentioned. Koni shocks are available in several different lengths. The pair of Koni shocks I already had from a previous project were a good match for the factory shocks I compared them to.

KS

I guess maybe i misunderstood. In your previous description,,, you mentioned a "through bolt"... which I pictured as horizontal. This is what led me to think you were using some coilover configuration that had a fork or "stirrup" typ mount on top.

My bad.

My bad on the description. The mount I constructed is 'forked'---has ears---so as to take a horizontal bolt through the 'ring', (Actually a heim-type bearing held in the top of the shock with circlips). I may make a Delrin bushing instead, for a slight amount of compliance.

KS

I put Jag S=Type shocks on my car with Lowering springs and the car rides just as I wanted it to after all these years. I wouldn't waste my money on a $1000 set of Stance or any other coilovers. However if you want adjustable that's different. There is a specialty breaker in the Dallas area so you could get a used set to see if you like em.

So Cam... another question. I asked,,, but maybe you missed it. This is more of a curiosity of mine... since you are setting "land speed records"

Were you looking for a MORE compliant suspension than what the LS offered,,, or less compliant than what was capable by design of the LS???

So were your intentions with the shock modifications,,, to absorb the minor "bumps"... or for an overall stiffer setup??? At the same time... what springs are you using???

Members online

Back