Lincoln LS Bushing Developement

Pretty much. If you had a front control arm, could you develop a bushing for it also? What I'm thinking about doing is going to a salvage yard and getting a front and rear control arm, lower. That shouldn't be too expensive.

I've seen some pics, and it looks like it might be possible.

Are the control arms the same for all years and models?

This is what the front lower control arm looks like.

control arm.jpg

No way would I put delrin bushings in an LS. It might as well be metal on metal that stuff is so hard. I wouldn't even put polyurethane in an LS. I put poly bushings all through my BMW and that's the reason I only drive it a few times a year. The ride is so harsh it's no fun to ride in unless you're on a track with it.

No way would I put delrin bushings in an LS. It might as well be metal on metal that stuff is so hard. I wouldn't even put polyurethane in an LS. I put poly bushings all through my BMW and that's the reason I only drive it a few times a year. The ride is so harsh it's no fun to ride in unless you're on a track with it.

It's a valid point.

Delrin will certainly change the ride, it all depends upon what you're looking for.

The lower control arm can be purchased for 196.45 per side and that includes bushings.

where do you buy the rear lower control arms for this price? can you please inform me... there is no camber kit for the rear ot the car...only if u do some custom bending.. it can be done...

so i want to know how probable it is that these control arms may be made? and if i understood correctly it will cost about 300 for both?

where do you buy the rear lower control arms for this price? can you please inform me... there is no camber kit for the rear ot the car...only if u do some custom bending.. it can be done...

so i want to know how probable it is that these control arms may be made? and if i understood correctly it will cost about 300 for both?

Not control arms, just Delrin Bushings for the control arm.

It won't happen until I see either a complete car or some control arms.

I had spoken with someone at energy suspension and asked about control arm bushings. he told me the best thing to do is to get the ID/OD of the bushings and check their universal bushing sets and find the closest one. He also mentioned that if I can not find it that I could go with the size over and have a machine shop turn them down with a lathe to fit properly, he also said that they have a preload to press in. I have not needed to replace mine yet. If anyone can get the size I'll check it out and also see if they can make a kit for the LS.

Yea a lot of us well at least I have, figured that out. The thing is getting a hold of some spare parts to measure them and check against their stock. I was thinking about seeing can I buy some used arms for cheap and do this.

Members online

Back