LINCOLN LS 3.9 v8 problems

lcprecise22

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 2002 lincoln ls 3.9 v8. I was having some problems when i would try an start the car. The car would not start from time to time when it wouldn't start i noticed the fuel pump wouldn't kick on. I replaced the fuel pump and the fuel pump relay. The first week an a half no problems. Then the problem continued with the car message saying "FUEL COMPUTER DATA EROR' an the fuel pump not kickin on. When the car does start i hear the fuel pump kick on. Any suggestions on what the problem might be.

Have you tried replacing the fuel filter in the front drivers wheel well ? It might be so terribly clogged up.

Are you by chance getting a P0190 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit Malfunction code ?
One of the fuel level senders might be having an issue, check the wiring leading to it.

Could also be as simple as a bad or loose ground, try checking the battery connections, maybe even remove the terminals for 15 min and reconnect.

nope havent replaced the fuel filter yet an not gettin any codes just say fuel computer data error when the car wont start an i dont hear the fuel pump kick on. When I hear the fuel pump kick on car starts right up.

appreciate the help gettin it towed to the lincoln dealer tomorrow. Ill make sure to update what the problem is.

Anyone have any insight? It could be the fuel pump, I get a dash message to Check Traction Control, and Gear Select Data Error. Have had this problem since December of 2013. Mechanics tell me it is an electrical problem.

Anyone have any insight? It could be the fuel pump, I get a dash message to Check Traction Control, and Gear Select Data Error. Have had this problem since December of 2013. Mechanics tell me it is an electrical problem.

How old is the battery????

Regarding the battery I got a new oem battery yesterday on sale in Canada so I am sure cheaper in the US for $129. You have to purchase through service and yes you can do a self install. 0-36 month free replacement fyi.

make sure they got you the correct battery, it needs to have a vent tube and it needs to be connected.

I paid almost $200 for an OEM battery. Where did you find one for $129?

I think that you were ripped off. I think my last battery from the dealer was about $110 plus tax.

Pretty sure that it was 750. I do recall that the price was exactly the same for the 650 and the 750. I think that the 650s were mostly used for warranty claims.

I got the Motorcraft 750 from Suburban Ford, Lincoln, Mercury here in town. Regular price was $189 for it.Great warranty 0-36 months free replacement 37-100 pro-rated of course.

Began having these starting problems in September 2013. Purchased the correct Motorcraft vented battery at that time. Starting problems remained. Always get that Gear Select Data Error on dash and Check Traction Control. The mechanic has had the car a month and still no resolve in sight.

Began having these starting problems in September 2013. Purchased the correct Motorcraft vented battery at that time. Starting problems remained. Always get that Gear Select Data Error on dash and Check Traction Control. The mechanic has had the car a month and still no resolve in sight.

Turned out to be a faulty PCM relay switch. Part cost was $16.72

Members online

Back