Lincoln LS 2002 AC stopped working after switiching from heat to cold?

zuka

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello all. I own a 2002 lincoln ls. My girlfriend recently got cold in it and switched from cold air to heat. up until this point the AC worked good. now blows no cold air. compressor wont kick on no matter what temp you have the climate control box set to. Any suggestions? Noticed the diagnosis on module said 19 47 and 12 42 for the codes. anyone know what these mean? please advise. if its a sensor, let me know where i can find it. Thank you!!!

B1242​
Air Flow Recirculation Door Driver Circuit Failure​
This is more common than you would like. The actuator for the fresh air and recirculate doors has failed, and it broke a plastic rod connecting the doors when it failed. It's annoying, but it's not causing your problem.

B1947​
Climate Control A/C Post Evaporator Sensor Circuit Short to Ground​
This is what is keeping the AC compressor off. It could be the wiring, but it is probably the sensor itself. Fortunately, it is only $30 or so. If it is the sensor, you can unplug it, and the AC should go back to working. (Without the sensor, it can freeze up at times, so you do want to replace it.)

This may help you find it. It's under the dash, driver's side toward the middle, part way up.

1653183252984.png

Only the connector part of it will be visible.

Last edited:
B1242​
This is more common than you would like. The actuator for the fresh air and recirculate doors has failed, and it broke a plastic rod connecting the doors when it failed. It's annoying, but it's not causing your problem.

B1947​
Hmmm okay! How about the b1947? Post evap sensor isn't something I'm familiar with. Or any idea where its at? Hard to find any info on it

Hmmm okay! How about the b1947? Post evap sensor isn't something I'm familiar with. Or any idea where its at? Hard to find any info on it
Check the post again. I was having trouble editing the stuff I pasted.

thank you! ill definitely look into this tomorrow and update.

Disconnected it, now it gives me code 19 46 and still no compressor kicking on

B1242​

B1947​
This is what is keeping the AC compressor off. It could be the wiring, but it is probably the sensor itself. Fortunately, it is only $30 or so. If it is the sensor, you can unplug it, and the AC should go back to working. (Without the sensor, it can freeze up at times, so you do want to replace it.)

This may help you find it. It's under the dash, driver's side toward the middle, part way up.

View attachment 828577214
Only the connector part of it will be visible.

nice workable answer for the lincoln owner

Disconnected it, now it gives me code 19 46 and still no compressor kicking on
It's possible that you have a short in the wiring, but it is even more possible that you disconnected the wrong sensor. There are three of them that use the same part, the evap temperature sensor, the driver's side outlet temperature sensor, and the passenger side outlet temperature sensor. The two side sensors are located fairly low down on each side. If you check the passenger side and there is a sensor there at the same level as the one you disconnected, you pulled the wrong sensor. Look up higher on the driver's side for the evap temperature sensor.

I accessed the part from underneath the steering wheel. I yanked off the kick cover and the plastic that covers the foot pedals. I saw one sensor really low close to the cigarette lighter, and one up about halfway up the center console sticking out the side. I disconnected the higher one. Couldn't see one higher up than that

I accessed the part from underneath the steering wheel. I yanked off the kick cover and the plastic that covers the foot pedals. I saw one sensor really low close to the cigarette lighter, and one up about halfway up the center console sticking out the side. I disconnected the higher one. Couldn't see one higher up than that
That should be the correct one. Time to check the wiring.

That should be the correct one. Time to check the wiring.
FIXED IT!! So I just replaced the evap temp sensor with another one I found at the junkyard. I picked up a few just in case.. all in way better condition than what mine was. For some reason it wouldn't work without the sensor being unplugged. I guess in this case it had to be plugged into a working sensor? Either way, she's back! And working lol. Until next issue... Great cars, just have little issues here and there.

Thankfully easier fix than once thought of!

Yeah, my memory is failing. I though it worked with it unplugged, but it must be that it worked with it bypassed. Sorry.

It's alright! Thank you for pointing me in the right direction of course! Definitely huge help!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back