Lincoln Issues

Stadiumhoward

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a new 05 aviator with navigation system. At 1394 miles the transmission went bad. The dealer replaced the tranny and as a consolation prize gave me a Sirius radio. Now I can't get the DVD to work. Can offer any advice about the DVD? I have already contacted Ford asking them to buy back the car and I am awaiting their decision.

Stadiumhoward said:
I just purchased a new 05 aviator with navigation system. At 1394 miles the transmission went bad. The dealer replaced the tranny and as a consolation prize gave me a Sirius radio. Now I can't get the DVD to work. Can offer any advice about the DVD? I have already contacted Ford asking them to buy back the car and I am awaiting their decision.
My advice to you is to get rid of that car ASAP. There is nothing but trouble for you if you keep that truck, Let them give you another one.

Stadiumhoward said:

Have you been in multiple times for the transmission? Since you don't mention it, I assume not, so why would Ford buy it back? You had a problem and it was fixed, and the dealership then created a small problem (sounds like they used the wrong kit) with the Sirius, which is correctible, and now you have a problem worth a buy back? I am sorry but I don't think that you are telling the whole story, otherwise no one in their right mind would ask for a buy back in your stated case.

I have had nothing but constant problems with my 2003 Navi, dealers can't fix some of the problems, since they can't I always get a "Can't verify or duplicate," or "It's a truck, what do you want it to do?" It seems every other week there is some new problem with the car. I am awaiting a packet from Ford to see what the frick they are going to do about it.

well i can understand about the transmission, cause ford does not know how to build a tranny if their lives depened on it. but that sirius problem, i am sure a good audio shop can fix it.

JoeyLincolnMK8 said:
well i can understand about the transmission, cause ford does not know how to build a tranny if their lives depened on it. but that sirius problem, i am sure a good audio shop can fix it.

May I ask just what are you basing your transmission opinion on? I have personally owned or currently own eight Ford's in the last twenty years. Not one transmission related problem as of yet. I guess by your standards I am lucky?

Grey Navi said:
May I ask just what are you basing your transmission opinion on? I have personally owned or currently own eight Ford's in the last twenty years. Not one transmission related problem as of yet. I guess by your standards I am lucky?

you probably are!

Navi Issues: Overdrive OFF

My Overdriver OFF light is flashing. I am unable to disable it. The Service Engine Soon light came on. Any ideas what will caused or how to resolve it?

By the way, I have been searching for a net or something to store simple stuff like a jumper cable, fixer flat etc. in the back of the SUV. How do you guys carry simple stuff in your SUV. I have cans and stuff just rolling around in the back of my SUV.

Any ideas or suggestions is welcome.

Members online

No members online now.
Back