Lincoln FORD OEM 03-06 LS Rear Suspension-Coil Spring 3W4Z5560FA

AmsterDutch

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Lincoln FORD OEM 03-06 LS Rear Suspension-Coil Spring 3W4Z5560FA
If someone can help me out ...Is this the correct Rear Suspension-Coil Spring I need to buy for my 2006 Lincoln LS? I'm confused because it seems like they're color coded...never had to replace the Coil Springs in my 1st Gen ...I replaced the Shock Absorbers but used the existing Springs...Do i need to look up my Vin # in order to find out if I need ( White )????
The picture is this NEW OEM REAR RH RIGHT OR LH LEFT SIDE SHOCK STRUT SPRING WHITE DRF 2003-2006 LS...What Does ( WHITE DRF ) Mean????

mPmZXpuE9OxALcc_pDLHdTg.jpg
362618136937_1.jpg
mVIoxsF8EdDVnwCTEGdKt8A.jpg
mwohXx7wgY5nsgsbX_wA4uQ.jpg

NEW OEM REAR RH RIGHT OR LH LEFT SIDE SHOCK STRUT SPRING WHITE DRF 2003-2006 LS

Front and rear spring codes should be on the label on the door.
s6x~us~en~file=a0009023.gif~gen~ref.gif

Front and rear spring codes should be on the label on the door.
View attachment 828571646
CA17A3E87D1AE1BC73B2DE595469141C63E519F5FB86956071E866ADA266B3DDA3A3A120690E0083DD66A74EF0322C5E.png

3W4Z-5560-FA
Spring - Rear

DRF , RH/LH , White

Fit Note: 5W43-18W002-C* L/RR SPG/SHK, 5W43-18W002-F* L/RR SPG/SHK
Require Quantity: 2
Package Quantity: 1
Base Number: 5560
Callout Name: 5560
$156.67
Here is a cheaper price than Ebay ...It's on Fordpartsgiant.com
Joe do you know if this site has free shipping? I don't see anything that says Free shipping ...just thought you might know ? Thanks

...It's on Fordpartsgiant.com
Joe do you know if this site has free shipping? I don't see anything that says Free shipping ...just thought you might know ? Thanks

No, not free. Usually around $20.

Any idea as to why these are not the same used for the 2000-2002 LS? I very much would like new springs for my 2000 v8 sport but cannot determine which are the correct part numbers to start my search.

Part of this depends on the model... whether it's a base, sport, or LSE... and the type of shocks used.

Ford also made other minor changes over the years too.

Using the VIN # ... and a phone call to a dealer will go very far in finding the right parts.
Ford motors is telling the dealer that they cannot see the correct part numbers with my vin. I’ve been told that ford wants me to look for part numbers on the Springs themselves. There must be a glitch on their end.

There is typically a colored tag on the spring with the part number.

The tag could be green, yellow, orange, white, or purple... IIRC.

Thing is... you could have "orange" springs on the front... and green springs on the rear. Or green springs on front... and yellow springs on the rear. Or yellow springs on the front..
and orange springs on the rear.

The bad/confusing thing is... that the front orang springs are different from the rear orange springs. Same with the yellow... or any other color.

They pretty much used the whole color of the rainbow... except for black.

W,R,O,Y,G,B,P

Complete original green front shock assemblies from my 04 Sport package. Rear are green too.

No longer available IIRC.

Yellow spring, (far right), came from the rear of a Gen 1 V6 LSE IIRC. Don't know what was on the front. I had some orange springs around here at one time.
IMG_20200624_145922557.jpg

Here's what they are talking about. The dealer/Ford... needs the color of the tag on your factory springs... and the part number on the tag.

Rear springs depend on the suspension package... and the front springs depend on the engine AND the suspension package.
IMG_20200624_145932895.jpg

My 2000 LS is at a Lincoln dealer as I write this. I asked them to look for the part numbers on each spring. Apparently the tags (and therefore part numbers) are no longer on my springs. They too confirmed that my VIN does not pull up which coil springs were originally on my V8 Sport. I would gladly go with the Oem S-Type setup, but it seems not perfectly cut-throat as I prefer. No hassle would be great, but it looks like hassle free coil spring replacement has gone out the window.

Members online

No members online now.
Back