Lincoln Aviator Ignition Coils?

oh yeah, im gonna ask the mechanic at service if he can install my coils...will he know to reverse the polarity?

nofinga911 said:
oh yeah, im gonna ask the mechanic at service if he can install my coils...will he know to reverse the polarity?

Yep.

You can get the Autolites at almost any auto store, the Autolite 103's are made for your car and they are 1 step colder than stock. You have to pick either platinum or copper. Copper is a better conducter but doesn't last as long.

98LSC32V said:
You can get the Autolites at almost any auto store, the Autolite 103's are made for your car and they are 1 step colder than stock. You have to pick either platinum or copper. Copper is a better conducter but doesn't last as long.

hmm.. so would you recommend platinum or copper? What do you use?

I use the Autolite 103 Platinums although I used the coppers in my 95 LSC which was more modded out. The difference isn't really noticible. Iridium I wouldn't use because you arent supposed to gap those plugs...

sounds good....anyone know if brakes made for a ford explorer would fit on the lincoln aviator? I cant find a big brake upgrade for my avi....and i really want brembos

You can gap Iridiums. There is even a guide for it on Denso's site, but you have to gap them without touching the center electrode.

nofinga911 said:
sounds good....anyone know if brakes made for a ford explorer would fit on the lincoln aviator? I cant find a big brake upgrade for my avi....and i really want brembos

See the link I posted in your other thread. ;)

Dominus said:
See the link I posted in your other thread. ;)

yea i saw that...but i cant get in touch with the company...and i realllly want brembos...lol

ok everyone, my service manager is gonna get a smack in the face (the one i was cool with doesnt work there anymore) ...i went to pick up my car today and they refused to install my coil packs because it will void the warrenty...they told me the truck is riding fine and the coils do not need to be changed..but all they did was run a diognostics test...didnt even go under the hood because the screws for my engine cover were untouched...but anyway my cars still riding like :q:q:q:q and misfiring and i attempted to install the packs myself today but i really need some help...i dont know how to reverse the polarity...or how to access my spark plugs...im not sure which ones go where...and all that other stuff...i really want to do it myself just to learn how to do it because i like to do these types of things on my own...so maybe you guys can help me...hope so...thankss oh yea and i cant find the autolight 103's anyywhere so i guess ill order them off the net..

nofinga911 said:
i went to pick up my car today and they refused to install my coil packs because it will void the warrenty...they told me the truck is riding fine and the coils do not need to be changed..but all they did was run a diognostics test...didnt even go under the hood because the screws for my engine cover were untouched...but anyway my cars still riding like :q:q:q:q and misfiring

Coil on plug right?

Spark plug is located under the spark plug COP (coil on plug). They don't need to go anywhere near your engine to diagnose it. They should run a key on, engine on test where you load the torque converter (car in drive, emergency brake on, left foot on brake pedal, right foot on gas) and run the RPM's up to 2000 or so. The motor will be under load and they should be able to look at each coil and see how it is firing. I just did that on the '01 Expedition. Was towing like crap. Idled fine. Under load is where it showed up. Replaced Number 2 and 4 COP and number 1 was showing that it wasn't long for the road.

Just be extra, extra careful when pulling COPs to not touch the injectors. You bang into those babies and you might be buying injectors too. The cylinders in back, 4 and 8 are a little tough to get to but if you get the right swivel and extension, they are doable. Don't know your mods and I don't know if the 103 are required. I plan on putting on some Autolite 764 platinums when I switch out all the plugs.

does anyone know if the autolite 103 are the same length as the stock plugs i have in my aviator??

At the risk of sounding like a jackass, IMHO you would be better off taking your aviator to a mechanic. Coil swaps are SIMPLE, as as new spark plug installs... Neither of which you seem to know much about. And no, I'm not trying to be an ass for saying that. some people are just better off not doing stuff they have no clue how to do, even if they want to learn.

Im Bak And Need Help Please

ok I installed the granatelli coilpacks....and my car began to drive perfectly....i thought my problem was solved....now its back to driving like :q:q:q:q...misfiring...not getting any power unless i fully gun it for a few seconds...everytime this happens...its usually fixed by me replacing an ignition coil...but obviously there is more to it then that....someone pleasse help me it really is driving me crazyyy...my car sounds and drives like :q:q:q:q its horrible!!

Do you get a check engine light? Could be a mechanical issue such as bad lash adjuster or valve guide or maybe a valve actually dropped... Have a compression test done and maybe even a leak down test... another thing is... was there oil on the coils or spark plugs, could be leaking spark plug gasket...

Members online

No members online now.
Back