Light Control Module

BradGroves

LVC Member
Reaction score
Anybody know where the LCM is located, and where I can purchase a replacement? I am still experiencing the problem where my rear lamps won't come on when I have my lights on. (They work when brakes are applied) My parking lights are also not functioning, at both ends.

Are you sure this is your problem. Mine was a short behind the dash. I had no turn signals, tail lights or parking lights, but brake lights and headlights were fine. I also had no dash lights. I don't know nothing about LCM, I do know that the SCIL(steering column ignition lighting) is located behind the glove box and is the size of a pocket dictionary. You will have to have your car reprogramed at the dealership if you repalce this as the car won't start.

In the service manual that I stole from the stealership, it says if your headlamps and brakelamps work and nothing else. It is a blown fuse in fuse panel. Loose connections. Open wiring or poor ground. Damaged headlamp switch.

thanks for the info from the service manual. how'd you find your short?

somebody suggested checking out the headlight switch earlier, my dash lights and turn signals are fine, I'm hoping that means i don't have a short.

It was a long time ago. I started with the dash, because I had no dash lights. If you have no dash lights that is a good place to start. I took it apart and had a bare wire.

If all the exterior lights don't work and the headlights do. It is a damaged headlamp switch, blown fuse or a short. My money is on the headlamp switch.

headlights, brake, turn signals, back up, hazards, dash all work. tail and parking dont. My neon is disconnected at the neon (under trunk lid.)

I have a circuit tester and wanted to test my headlight switch. anyone know what a healthy switch should read?

Members online

No members online now.
Back