Lifting Amp Rack Pics and Movie

PrOpAiN

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Here are a few pics and a movie of my lifting amp rack. The movie is a little large around 12 megs, because I don't know how to compress the video yet. I hope you all like it. :Beer

Lifting Amp Rack Quicktime Movie

Download Quicktime Free

racklift1.jpg

racklift2.jpg

racklift3.jpg

Simply...Awesome!! I want one!!!!

So how far above the 'normal' floor is your trunk floor now? It all looks level when closed so I am guessing you have created a false floor over the entire trunk?

lOOKs great.. Well i am planning on doing the same thing there with the false floor and hydraulic cylinders to hold it up, but maybe use like actuators or something where i can press a button and they will lift up automaticlly.. Great work on the install.. Thanks again for the pics might make it a bit easier to get an idea of how to build the floor and mount the amps, only changes will be a 300/4 and a 500/1 JL amps.

Oh i was wondering what type of interconnects did you use, RCA's. I went with the stinger dream series, they look pretty cool if you have ever seen them before..

IL-LS said:
Simply...Awesome!! I want one!!!!

So how far above the 'normal' floor is your trunk floor now? It all looks level when closed so I am guessing you have created a false floor over the entire trunk?

A good friend and I designed and constructed the lift, with some trial and error. :Beer

The false floor is sitting right about 4 1/2" above the original floor.

jdsimons said:
lOOKs great.. Well i am planning on doing the same thing there with the false floor and hydraulic cylinders to hold it up, but maybe use like actuators or something where i can press a button and they will lift up automaticlly.. Great work on the install.. Thanks again for the pics might make it a bit easier to get an idea of how to build the floor and mount the amps, only changes will be a 300/4 and a 500/1 JL amps.

Oh i was wondering what type of interconnects did you use, RCA's. I went with the stinger dream series, they look pretty cool if you have ever seen them before..

The only thing about the rack being able to lift on it's own is, it is very heavy. Originally I designed it to be able to lift on its own with a push of a button or unlocking of a key, but it's freeking really heavy. LOL Currently we are using 40 psi gas springs, another 20 psi might get it to go up on it's own. One reason we decided to go with the 40's was, because we started off with what we thought was a 30 psi and it just almost cut it. Then a concern that 60 psi might be to strong and could end up ripping the brackets out of the trunk. It's been a bit of trial and error, but a $hit load of fun.

I am using JL interconnects, I will have to check those stingers out.

Thanks all for all the great comments. :Beer

Hey was a full size non - temp spare an option? I dont have that!! :)??

IL-LS said:
Hey was a full size non - temp spare an option? I dont have that!! :)??

I think that came with the 2000 sport package. :N hehe I was gonna throw one of my Zenetti's in there just to play with yall.. Rofl Lmao

lweisenb said:
Did you upgrade you alternator?

Yes... There is a local shop around here that manufactures them. They have the exact same specs as the stock one, as far as the mounts and size. They just do there thing to it and add a few things and, WahLah you have a high output Alternator that peaks in between 170 and 200 Amps. It's was $370 plus $100 to install, it is working awesome I couldn't be happier.

There called Reliabilt Alternators... Hollywood Starter & Alternator, Inc. 954-921-7833 --- 888-921-7833

We just replaced the 40 psi's with some 60 psi's and it still doesn't lift on its own. You need to give it a little pull and it will lift up. It seems to hold it up very well though, but I would say we are at our limits with the backets the way they are.

Members online

Back