Letting all the air out of the bags

Blenderhead

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I searched but I couldn't find this. I remember there being some way of letting all the air out of the bags and dropping the car on the ground where you had to open and close the door in some sequence or something. I can't seem to find exactly how it is done though. If someone could tell me this, I would appreciate it. I found where my front air ride is leaking, and I want to try to fix it, but I need it to be empty first. If anyone knows the procedure for this, please let me know. Thanks.

Mike

If you have a leak at one bag just turn off the air ride jack up the car remove the metal clip and turn the solenoid to the first detent. It should "pop" by itself and let the air out.

I thought there was some way of getting the computer to vent all the air and drop the car on the ground for you. I ended up just letting it bleed down on its own. The bags themselves are fine, but it was leaking at the top right underneath where the top nut is for the shock, which I thought was kind of weird. Since the whole piece comes as one unit, I figure I have nothing to lose trying to fix it before buying new ones. I let all the air leak out first, then I got a tube of black urethane, like they use to hold the windshield in, and urethaned around the top of the shock mount under the metal plate. I'll leave the car sit for a full day before starting it again so the urethane has plenty of time to cure. Hopefully this will seal my leak and work for a couple months, and later on, I'll buy some new air shocks.

I don't think you can do that without some wiring. I don't see the point of slamming the car to work on one corner anyway.

turn the switch in the trunk off, lift the car off the ground, flip the switch back on, put the key in and shut the door, it will let all of the air out, flip the switch back off, when you are done lower it bit then flip the switch on and it will pump back up

sometimes we do it in my friends crown victoria just for fun, not great for the bags but whatever

l_4a73ed9f20136652d5bbc0f00506ccfd.png

l_d925ecbca2cb3d4dc67a0b439b5bec4c.png

So there isn't any way to get the computer to vent all the air out of the bags on its own? I thought there was some kind of self test feature that would drop it down, and if you interrupted it in the middle, it would stay down until you put the key back in.

Well the bags themselves aren't leaking. The bushing on the top of the shock split, and the air is leaking out of there. Since the entire area is now surrounded in urethane, I think it will seal it, or at least slow the leak down. I have been to that website, and I will be purchasing new bags for it from them, but I have some other stuff that I need to spend my money on first, so I just want to get by for a couple months. I figure for the $6 that a tube of urethane costs, its worth a try. If it doesn't work, then I'll have to shell out for the bags now and my other projects will have to wait. I put the urethane on there last night, and I drove my crown vic to work today, so we'll see what it looks like when I get home tonight. I'll leave the car sit long enough to make sure it is fully cured before driving it, and then I'll let you know if it worked or not. As for the ray switch, I don't plan on dropping the car on the ground regularly, I actually prefer the way it looks at normal ride height, so I'm not interested in one of those.

Members online

No members online now.
Back