Lets start planning for the 2005 Auto Show

I was thinking Feb. 19th (only because its a Saturday, and I'm not confident that the show will be completely set up on the 12th). I thought we could arrange to meet somewhere and leave by 9. I'm thinking we pick a restaraunt to get breakfast and leave from there. If people want they can meet us later at another place for lunch or dinner. I'm not expecting everyone to stay together at the show. Too many preferences on what they may want to see. Somewhere where we can leave are cars and car pool. I'm not expecting everyone to drive there.

I guess we should start getting a head count before we really start deciding on anything concrete.

we should plan the date maybe a weekend thne parking and then were we are going to meet every hour or so for the late arrivers , I say we meet at the lincoln display

I got to a number of shows at McCormick.

What I suggest is to meet for coffee / breakfast in the burbs where we can park for free - then take the train in. Parking can cost upwards of $15 per car - and there is a Metra train that takes you right into McCormick. I can tell you also that it is NOT a short walk from the McCormick parking to the show - and it seems alot longer after a full day of walking.. :)

Also, the best place is to have a meeting place ( at the show) that is central in the show - so you dont have to walk ALL the way back to the Lincoln Booth.

-

Brad, the point to meeting for breakfast is so that we all go as a group. I'm not depending on anyone anymore to show up on time. I think it would be senseless to check a point every hour. We can always meet once during the show or again afterwards for a bite to eat.

Joeychgo said:
I can tell you also that it is NOT a short walk from the McCormick parking to the show - and it seems alot longer after a full day of walking.. :)
damn old people, we'll just have to have Brad push you around in a wheel chair.

Make sure to post the Date early like soon! So those traveling from a distance can make plans.

I'll Probably stay overnight somewhere Friday so I don't have to leave too early in the morning to make the Breakfast.

I agree with the 19th and being on a Saturday for those who may come from a distance.

(I do hope that some of the more distance members come this time) I know I will travel the distance to be there.

I agree with the parking and then taking the train. (I'm not to old that a little walk would hurt)

Meeting at the Lincoln display or something more Neutral (don't want to offend the Caddy people) would be a great Idea for those members who miss the train or decide they don't want to meet for breakfast. Maybe even a late meet time for those who just want to meet for dinner after (if we had dinner after). Dinner after the show would be nice.

But let's post the Date of the 19th before the end of the year so we have more than a month for distant people to plan.

More detail can be placed In January!!

I like the idea of parking in the burbs and taking the train, much easier not just because of traffic getting into the McCormick parking lot is a project in itself, especially on a Saturday. :monkey: Where in the suburbs would we meet if we all take the train? Elmhurst station or something?

Jibit said:
damn old people

Hey, I resemble that remark! :joke . But I do agree with Joey in that after all that walking the less walking you have to do the better.

Nikki
1969 Mark III

Experience taught me that lesson-

Besides - Who wants to pay to park all our cars? If I have an idea of how many will be staying overnight - maybe I can get a local hotel to give a discount

Joeychgo said:
Experience taught me that lesson-

Besides - Who wants to pay to park all our cars? If I have an idea of how many will be staying overnight - maybe I can get a local hotel to give a discount

Here's #1 overnight! :Beer

my house has been a hotel since the day I bought it! The only problem that I would have is parking, the driveway is already filled up and there is no parking on the street after 2AM

The Meet information on the Midwest Home page is great!

Is there anyway to put a sign up so we know who is most likely coming?

Next, What do we want to do for those who may want to come on Friday night (like myself)?

Where could we stay?

Originally Posted by Jibit in General Forum!!!

OK, how many out of town people plan on coming out and staying overnight? I need to know so I can see if we can get group rates at local hotels. Let me know, the sooner the better. Otherwise you can PM me and I can let you know of the hotels near by.

Second thing is breakfast. Rich made a good point to me the other night about going to a buffet place so that no one is waiting to order and if people come at different times they can begin to eat right away. The closest place to the train station is Old Country Buffet, but I know some people aren't very fond of this place (Joey!). The other option is local restaraunts. There are a couple I have in mind both are very reasonable and fast service. I plan on leaving for the show at 9AM so use your discretion when you show for breakfast. We will leave at 9! I will determine the restaraunt in a week or two when I get some input from you guys. The area we are having breakfast at is Lombard. Let me know what you think.

By Jibit!

(we should have this post in this forum also)!!

OK, since people aren't responding to anything, let's do this. Breakfast at Kopper's Kitchen on the corner of Rt.83 and St.Charles Road in Elmhurst, IL. I'll try to get there by 7AM, but without a doubt, we are leaving at 9! For the rest of you guys that don't want to show up, we can meet at the beer court (at the center of the show) at eleven.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...nt+Charles+Rd&city=Elmhurst&state=IL&zipcode=

I'm going to try to get tickets from dealerships. If anyone else can do this it would be much appreciated.

Rich was talking about coming out Friday night so if anyone wants to get together then give me a PM and we'll try to set something up.

"From Mespock - I will be there on Friday Staying with Dave (Jibit) unless other members want to get some area lodging! Looking to have a great time with the Midwest members!!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.
Back