Lemon Law 2005 LS V8

John Theis

LVC Member
Reaction score
My 2005 was bought back by ford with 55,000 miles under lemon law. Has sticker on the door and tagged on the title. What was the reason for this?

Lemon laws vary from state to state, so you should research the law in the state that the dealer was in. In general, the lemon law is triggered when it takes more than X attempts to fix the same problem or more then Y time that the car is unusable for the owner. I would think it would be pretty rare to apply the lemon law to a car with that many miles.

I would think it would be pretty rare to apply the lemon law to a car with that many miles.

Hehe not in Cali! Have lawyers that make their living chasing this stuff out here. Anyhow, if your real curious, Ford probably has the records, a decent dealer will share it, but a call to Lincoln Detroit might be more friendly. They helped me in the beginning chasing down some info on my vin.

:D Yup. Probably not much to worry about then, they would have been required to repair it before selling it to someone else. If it was gen1, would have almost guarantee it was timing chains.

Members online

No members online now.
Back