left headlight issue

Dewanjd

2003 lincoln ls
Reaction score
Ok so my left headlight went out the other day. So today I went out and checked my fuses and found that the left lowbead headlight fuse was out. I replaced that and it came back on, but now its out again and the fuse is good. So now i'm confused as to what could be the problem. Any suggestions would be great cause i'm super lost trying to figure this out.........

Bad socket
or
corroded wiring (happens now and then)
or
bad FEM

does anyone know about the ssp relays and if that could be the cause of my headlight issue.....I was researching online and found out that the ssp relays supply power to the various functions in the car. so my question would be if there are any specific relays or fuses in the trunk that could be the cause of my problem...

If it was one of the SSP relays, you'd lose more than one headlight.

Justed checked the ssp relays

If it was one of the SSP relays, you'd lose more than one headlight.

you are right I just checked all of the ssp relays still nothing. I thought it would have been since the ssp2 controlled the left headlight. I'll try changing the socket and checking the fem as far as the wiring being corroded I didn't see anything. Its just weird how it came on the first time but once I turned them off and back on it went out again but no blown fuse. I'm starting to get a headache trying to figure this out..........

just checked it out

If it's corroded wiring, you won't see it without unwrapping the wiring bundles at the front of the car.

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=77772

Look at posts 23 and 27 in particular.

Wow looks like alot of work but i'll give it a shot if i'm unable to fix it with the other options you gave me.....thanks i'll post an update once i fix the issue hopefully........Thanks again

since i didn't see it, i got to ask, are you sure that the bulb is good?

Yup

since i didn't see it, i got to ask, are you sure that the bulb is good?

I switched it out with a new bulb and still nothing......I tried that first actually thinking it was a simple fix....I was wrong.....

Going by your sig, are the hid kit connections tight? Mine has an intermittent issue where my low beam will not come on w/o some 'encouragement', due to a broken clip (plug n play kit)

Thanks g-rell

or a bad ballast

fixed finally...........I found out what the problem was.....When looking a little closer at my head lights and the connections I found a little moisture in the socket that was connected to the ballast. I see that plug gets a lot of moisture in it so I sealed it and now it should be ok....

Thanks

Going by your sig, are the hid kit connections tight? Mine has an intermittent issue where my low beam will not come on w/o some 'encouragement', due to a broken clip (plug n play kit)

checked my connections and found moisture in the socket.....all is well now thanks alot.....I didnt think to check the connection to the ballast itself....

Members online

Back