LEDs in GEN 2 tail lights

MysticMac

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I have searched and searched and searched for any issues with using LEDs in the gen 2 tail lights, I making a ebay order and wanting to grab some LEDS for my tails, I know about the resistors on the gen 1s but cannot remember if I need to solder resistors in the gen 2s?

Someone on a FB forum mentioned that these worked on GEN 1's and didnt require any mods or show status errors.

s-l1600 (1).jpg

I had to add load resistors for my LED turn signals on my 2nd gen.

basically, you will need load resistors to keep the cluster from telling you that a bulb is burnt out (and to keep flashers from hyper flashing regardless of generation.. there are a few bulbs out there that do have load resistors built in but you need to be careful of these as the resistors create a lot of hot and cheap hot bulbs can melt the housing.

I had to add load resistors for my LED turn signals on my 2nd gen.

basically, you will need load resistors to keep the cluster from telling you that a bulb is burnt out (and to keep flashers from hyper flashing regardless of generation.. there are a few bulbs out there that do have load resistors built in but you need to be careful of these as the resistors create a lot of hot and cheap hot bulbs can melt the housing.
Thanks man I appreciate it!

Members online

Back