LEDs For your LINCOLN LS

LSDB23

LVC Member
Reaction score
Everyone after extensive trying here is a list of working and bright LEDs from V-LEDS.com that work in my 2006 Lincoln LS:

I have all RED TAILS so turn signal and brake LED lights must be RED.
Rear Turn signal LEDs: V-LEDS RED 60 M-SMT TAIL/BRAKE LIGHT BULBS 3157 3156
REAR Brake Light LEDs. - NONE yet, having trouble with finding one that can handle High and Low brightness when the headlights are on.

Rear License Plate lights:
168s > 2 HID WHITE SMT 5 LED LIGHT BULBS 194 168 158 2821

Rear Back-up Lights:
921 > 2 WHITE SMT 18 LED LIGHT BULBS 917 918 920 921 922 923

Front Turn signals are AMBER:
3157 - 2 AMBER SMT 27 LED PARKING/TURN/BLINKER BULBS 3157 3156

Interior have all been changed over to white LEDs (Front and back Dome/Maps - Driver side and passenger side floor) Lights:
194s-168s > 2 HID WHITE SMT 5 LED LIGHT BULBS 194 168 158 2821

I'm in the process of getting some good pictures taken and putting up a video on YOUTUBE.com for the exterior LEDs.

I have turn signal resistors on the front but not the back. No hyper-flashing and no bulb out warnings from the info center. THEY LOOK GREAT!!!

Thanks!

im anxious to see the out come been wanting to do this myself and its alot of research soo well done and post some pics/vids.

LEDs have been available. The whole problem is hyper flash without the use of load resistors.

I have turn signal resistors on the front but not the back. No hyper-flashing and no bulb out warnings from the info center. THEY LOOK GREAT!!!

Thanks!

where did you get the resistors and how are they installed? this is to correct them staying on when the car is off correct?

um.. no the resistors are so they blink when you put the turn signals on i had trouble with these because i put them in my corners signals and they wouldnt blink when i put the signal on they just stood the same so i had the guy from where i bought them from check them out and he told me that i need to put put resistors in them and he could do it for an extra 30 bucks i said hell no cuz i had paid 50 bucks for some bad ass hyper white leds and for another 30 that would have been 80 screw him

what i need to find out is how can i put those resistors in myself??? please help:feedback :feedback

The resistors get rid of hyper flash and they get rid of the problem with the LED's not powering off for a few minutes as well as the message center's bulb out warning.

Union, post a pic of the resistors you have. They are easy to install.

Sorry!!

Sorry... I will try to get the pictures and video up today.

Yes resistors are for Hyper-Blink and to help shut them off.

Check out this page at V-LEDs.com on resistors:
http://www.v-leds.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/4783296/vpcsid/0/SFV/32481

Only $10 bucks and has a picture on how to hook them up. Like I said I have these hooked up to front amber signals only in my headlights and they work nice. However the turnsignals function fine but do not turn on when I have my headlights on. Which that doesn't bother me. It actually looks sweet when I only have my fogs on as there is a orange glow from the two sidemarker amber LEDs that came factory with the car. I will show this in my uploaded pictures tonight and in my YOUTUBE video.

By the way I don't work for V-LEDS.com. I'm just posting this info as it seems this is the only site that has good long lasting LEDs that are actually bright and work on my car.

Thanks!

Pictures and Video ADDED!!!

Here are some pictures of the LED lights and a video for viewing....
Again very good LEDs.

Video at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUxN4DLeNTQ

FrontLED.jpg

RearTurn.jpg

licenseLEDs.jpg

DOMELEDs.jpg

FrontLED.jpg

RearTurn.jpg

licenseLEDs.jpg

DOMELEDs.jpg

the video is cool. what license plate led's did you go with? i got the ones Ken has but i would've liked a bluer color to match my interior ones but after a while i just decided to keep them.

2 HID WHITE SMT 5 LED LIGHT BULBS 194 168 158 2821

You can get them from V-LEDS.COM

Thanks!!!!

did you install resistors on your dome lights? mine stay dimly lit

did you install resistors on your dome lights? mine stay dimly lit

No. No resistors.

Mine don't stay on at all...Only one that stays on a little is one of the license plate one. But jeazz its so dim you can't tell unless you are right there looking at it. So it doesn't bother me. And it actually goes off after a few mins anyways.

Thanks!

You should record the entire front and rear. I would love to see that style of LED in a better perspective. Good work!

Is there any updates on the LED BRAKE lights?

...also, seems like ALOT of money for bulbs that just flash brighter and quicker. Dont get me wrong, looks great.

if you go to streetfire.net and search build custom LEDS some guy teaches you how to make your own angel eyes or whatever

Members online

Back