led trunk bulb issue

• Thread starter Deleted member 22631
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 22631

I have a 2001 Lincoln ls I just purchased a led bulb to replace the factory trunk bulb, it works perfect but when the trunk is closed the bulb emits a low dim light that hasn't gone out. Is this an issue to be concerned with as far as battery drain, fire, or electrical, I have read that these leds use such a low amount of electricity that it is possible the car isn't powering down low enough to shut it completely off and it is running very low on the low current the car continues to give due to the computer etc.... is this true, just wondering if anyone has replaced theirs with an led bulb to factory plug or if anyone has found a solution to this after glow

Why is this a problem for you?

I have LEDs for the trunk lights in both of my LSes. Yes, they glow dimly when they should be off, until the car goes to sleep. Then they are off completely.

This is not causing any additional battery drain. In fact, it is ever so slightly less drain than with the normal bulb in. It's just that the LEDs can light up a little with the leakage current, and the normal bulb can't (it just heats up a little).

You can add a load resister if you want. It will prevent the light, but it will actually increase the battery drain.

If you are looking for more lighting in the trunk you could always run those LED strips
to the bulb connector, remain the original bulb and then the LED strips don't glow.

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

Members online

Back