LED Lights......

Zappo90744

LVC Member
Reaction score
Has anyone added LED light to their Town Car? I just swapped all of my exterior lights and now my turn/hazard lights blink twice as fast. I hear I have to add a resistor to solve the problem. Has anyone done any of this yet?

Thanks! :)

IIRC I've only seen it done on the rear lights... I don't know if anyone's done it on the fronts though.

They probably make halos for them

If you put a resistor between the +/- leads to make up the current you're not drawing with the LED's you're really negating one of the chief reasons to switch to LED lighting (less power consumption). Now, if I remember correctly, in the old days a flasher was faster when you drew more current, which would explain why it flashes slower in cold weather (a cold light bulb will pull less current than a hot one).

I would check the current draw of the LED's. You may have to find a flasher that isn't current dependent for its flash timing if the flashers you have now are.

If you put a resistor between the +/- leads to make up the current you're not drawing with the LED's you're really negating one of the chief reasons to switch to LED lighting (less power consumption). Now, if I remember correctly, in the old days a flasher was faster when you drew more current, which would explain why it flashes slower in cold weather (a cold light bulb will pull less current than a hot one).

I would check the current draw of the LED's. You may have to find a flasher that isn't current dependent for its flash timing if the flashers you have now are.

Yes, you do have a good point that I was wondering about. That somewhat defeats the purpose of switching over to LEDs other than longer lasting life AND brighter. I do like the fact that they use less power consumption but that faster blinking for some reason bothers me. My current flashers are stock and I assume they are current dependent.

Now I'm working on the dash lights (cluster). Hopefully I won't skrew anything up!!! :p

Any other input is greatly appreciated...thanks!

Members online

No members online now.
Back