LED bulbs in the puddle lamps?

moundtown

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done this? I believe the puddle lamps are 194's, so I don't know why it wouldn't work just fine. The stock bulbs are yellow/dim......especially compared to, say, the Five Hundred/Montego's that come stock with LED puddles, and it looks real nice. I'm not talking about anything custom/crazy here, just a direct replacement. Thoughts?

Would like to know as well. I'll be upgrading all my lights to LED's and bright white bulbs very soon.

I could be wrong but I don't think you can access the bulb. I tried when I put the mirrors on my 2002 and couldn't figure out how to open them.

hmm yea that will look good im also replacing all my light bulbs to LED lets find out how to get this done.

I dunno if it's actually replaceable. But it looks like if you take the glass out, and the motor out (7), you should be able to access the puddle lamp (11)

s6x~us~en~file=n0008749.gif~gen~ref.gif

My 2003 seems to just have a little notch you can stick a small flat-head in or similar tool and pop the lights right out....I could be wrong though because I tried this and it didn't seem to want to come out so I quit in fear of breaking the housing.

The light pod under the mirrors are sealed. They can be removed but be very careful removing them. However, once removed you would have to break open the pod to access the bulb. I removed the pod from my mirrors once to change out the bulb and could not get a good way to remove the lense without tearing it up. It might be able to be accomplished but I'm thinking it will not work out like you hope.

Well, that's disappointing news. I was really hoping to do this, but there's no way I would risk screwing up the mirrors to put some $5 bulbs in. Thanks for the info though guys.

Members online

No members online now.
Back