Leaky Fuel Pump?

JoeyLincolnMK8

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I got back from my 2 week vacation from NYC the other day, to notice my gas gauge dropped big time after I started my car. The gauge was reading at least 3/4 a tank, than dipped to about half way. I went out back and noticed the gas tank was wet as all living hell. I can swipe the residue off of the tank with my finger and it is gasoline. No problem, I purchased few months back a brand new SVT focus fuel pump from Max. So yesterday I brought in the car to the dealer for them to have it installed. To my utter shock, they said the fuel pump will not work with my system?!? I said "sure, ok, whatever how badly is the fuel pump leaking"? The service rep explained that nothing is leaking all seals and o-rings look good and advised me that the gas was evaporating?

Now, what I need to know can this evaporation of the gas really happen? Something tells me that there is a problem somewhere and I need to know what it is. With the SVT fuel pump I bought, there has to be a way to install this onto my 93. If not I will sell the thing and just go with the one from summitracing.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

I thought the svt pump was what you get if you have a gen2 and you get a walbro if you have a gen 1... I have the walbro in my 93

I have heard somewhere that the SVT pump can fit the Gen 1's system. No big deal, I can part ways with it. LVC Gen 2 guys, you have first dibs on the pump!

if you want you can always return it to me if it is still in the box. Also please note... a dealer might not replace just the pump they may want to replace the complete assy. I do not think we replace the pump alone, only the 500.00 assy.

max

Members online

No members online now.
Back