Leaky Exhaust

BossLSC

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey I have a 1991 Mark 7 with 40 series mufflers on it.... well for one it really doesnt grow until about 2000 rpm regular driving...also i think my shorty headers have a couple massive holes in them or something i got 2.5 inch pipe from the header back about 2 or 3 years ago but it all looks great my question is what should i do and where can i get the right parts.... who makes good, bolt on shorty headers and should i go with a new x pipe, do glasspacks have any down falls? also will 3 in pipe fit ok from the bend back mustang LX style???

thanks alot

BossLSC

New pics are coming of the custom Boss 302/BossLsc grahics

BossLSC said:
Hey I have a 1991 Mark 7 with 40 series mufflers on it....
That depends on what you want from the car.

Daily driver? (low growl, doesn't set of car alarms or wake the neighbors)
Weekend racer? (growl, sets of car alarms at around 2500 rpms)
Race car? (big growl, zero obstructions from front to back)

Weekend Racer

For a Weekend Racer:
BossLSC said:
Hey I have a 1991 Mark 7 with 40 series mufflers on it.... well for one it really doesnt grow until about 2000 rpm regular driving...also i think my shorty headers have a couple massive holes in them or something i got 2.5 inch pipe from the header back about 2 or 3 years ago but it all looks great
I'd stick with the installed muffler (FlowMaster Series 40) or upgrade to their 40 Series Delta for the same tone but quieter internal ride.
BossLSC said:
my question is what should i do and where can i get the right parts.... who makes good, bolt on shorty headers
http://bbkperformance.com/products/exhaust.shtml
The 1986-93 5.0 Mustang 2.5" stuff works for our Marks except for the over-the-axle bends due to our air springs and fuel tanks.
BossLSC said:
and should i go with a new x pipe, do glasspacks have any down falls?
That depends on your state and what their requirements are for passing inspection :)
BossLSC said:
also will 3 in pipe fit ok from the bend back mustang LX style???

thanks alot

BossLSC

New pics are coming of the custom Boss 302/BossLsc grahics
Nope. Run 2 - 2.5 inch and then 3" tails if you want a 3" look.

My son put Force Pro Series mufflers on his '87 LSC this summer. They are 2 chamber and sound like the Flowmaster 40's and are at Summit for $32. After hearing these there's no way I'd pay the extra for the Flowmasters, and I was pretty skeptical at first. They are quality made and the muffler shop was impressed with them also. The flowmasters have to last twice as long for the money. He had 2-1/2 tails installed in the stock location. 3" wouldn't fit there and he didn't want the pipes hanging below the body like the Mustang.
Dave.

OldSchool1 said:
The 1986-93 5.0 Mustang 2.5" stuff works for our Marks except for the over-the-axle bends due to our air springs and fuel tanks.

Mustang over-axle pipes work fine. That's what NickT uses to make his tails and that's what's on both of my cars (Dynomax pipes in 2.5" on the 87, 2.25" on the 92).:cool:

Members online

No members online now.
Back