leaking fuel diaphram

doubledidgit

LVC Member
Reaction score
I am new to this forum. First question. I have a 2000 Lincoln LS V-8. The fuel line supply to the fuel injectors has what appears to me to be a diaphram. It sits above the drivers side valve cover gasket and is about 2'' round. Mine is leaking. I have been unable to find any information for sourcing a new part.

That's an impulse damper. It mainly reduces noise. A quick search finds some still made for the V6, but not so much for the V8...

I don't think that it would hurt anything. There are dampers available for other cars. You should be able to find one that fits and works well enough.

So I cut out the Impulse Damper, removed the fuel line off of the steel hard line from the supply side, left the spring fuel connect with a few inches of fuel line connected, got a foot of 1/4'' I.D. fuel injection line with fuel injection clamps, two 1/4'' hose barbs and spliced the new lines together. When I can locate a suitable impulse dampener i will spice it in and all is good. No leaks!

it’s only available as part of a new fuel feed pipe for an s-type. in excess of 100 bucks

best bet is probably just to cut one off at the junkyard

Members online

No members online now.
Back