Leaking A/C hose connects to condenser questions... Please help.

lincoln4182

LVC Member
Reaction score
I just bought my 2001 Lincoln LS V8 less then a year. I love this car body style and color. A/C did not work due to leaking in high pressure line connects to the condenser. I had ordered the part, but do'nt know where to start.

Have anyone installed this A/C hose before? Any special tools need to disconnect A/C line? Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks.

AC Line.jpg

Yes there are special tools, but they are pretty cheap. The round end of the hose uses a spring to lock the fitting on. The tool slips onto the tube and gets pushed under the fitting to release the fitting. Sometimes the tool needs a little twisting and the whole thing can be a little difficult especially on larger fittings like AC. Fuel hoses/filters often use the same type of fitting.

Also, when you replace AC components you need to replace the AC oil that is in the part. It's probably only an ounce or less in a hose. There is usually a chart that shows the quantity and type of oil to use.

Thank you. I finally have time to fix it over weekend. It's impossible to disconnect spring lock fitting on old pipe. I ended up broke the pipe to the comprssor too.
So It's cost me $300 for 2 pipes and 6-8 working hrs.

Members online

No members online now.
Back