Leaf Blower supercharger... wtf?!?!

Not a bad idea if you have a long enough extension chord and a place for two morons to sit on your front bumper.

Reality of that is that I saw no way of them adding extra fuel for all that air. Leaning out the mixture that much isn't a real smart thing. Maybe they'll add a third guy who will have a bug sprayer full of 104 octane racing fuel ;)

I always wondered if that would work.

I would guess since it looked like they were just pumping air into the air tube that the MAF sensor is telling the computer to compensate with more fuel. I would be nervous about the longevity and reliability of such a setup. One hickup with a blower and you blow.

An interesting concept. Looks like they are using a 2 stroke blower so no need for an extention cord. And with a long throttle cable on the blower you could adjust the level of boost as desired and not need a guy riding shotgun under the hood.

I am a little surprised that it works since I didn't think you could get enough volume and pressure from a blower. Guess I was wrong. For sure someone is going to figure out how to sell one of these on Ebay. It is more likely to work than the electric supercharger I have seen on eBay.

Time for one of our guys to try it out. I would do it myself, but uh, I got to reprimer the Jeep.

Jim Henderson

I saw this in the 5.0 magizine mopnths ago. The thing they dont show you and is in the next video is them blowing their engine up.

Members online

Back