Reaction score
I was wondering if this "labor" price was reasonable. The work getting done is:
2 front wheel hub assemblies
2 rear wheel bearings replaced
Front & rear shocks and eibach springs replaced
Sway bar bushings front and rear replaced

$990

Can't comment on the price...

But i can say that at least 2 of those jobs i've done myself with basic hand tools, and no experience.

Front hubs are pretty straight forward.

I have alot of assuming here since missing some info but assume the price you listed does not include any parts only labor

I looked up Alldata 2004 LS should be the same all years

alldata times;

front hubs both sides 1.3 hrs
rear wheel bearing both sides 3.1 hrs
front springs 1.2 hrs
rear springs 1.2 hrs

TOTAL 6.8 HOURS
not sure if they are including alignment with your estimate also

dont know if you are going to an independant or dealer, most independants around where I am are 80-90 dollars an hours, most dealers 110 to 130 per hour

$990

$990

If you can do your brakes you can do the front hubs; they are "plug and play", just 4 bolts.

I paid just under $500 for both rear bearings; including the parts.

They have to remove the springs to change the shocks so labour should be just R&R the shocks. Another DIY job or, most independents around here charge ~$60 per shock for installation.

The rear stabilizer (ANTI-sway bar) bar bushing replacement shows .7 hours so it may be a DIY job. The front requires a new stabilizer bar (Ford redesigned it in ~2003, bonding the bushings to the bar) to be installed. 1st Gen V6 was so bad I had it done! It looks much easier on my '06s, should I ever need to do it.

So, he's either charging for ~11 hours labour at $90 per or he's charging ~$140 per hour (7ish book hours). Seems high to me.

Get a second quote. See if it's any better.

@nick remember the sway bar bushings. Also I appreciate all the info given. I don't have the knowledge nor time to get this done myself so it only results for someone doing it for me. The price $990 is from a lincoln dealership and I also got a $900 dollar quote from a local mechanic shop. So I figured ill go with the dealer instead.

They could also consider some of the operations as overlapping instead of billed as seperate operations, such as front hubs and shocks will take less time together since car is already on the lift and tires are already off instead of doing them at 2 seperate times, same with rear. I would see if they would do better on the price, does not hurt to ask. I work at a dealership and if a customer declines work because they can get it cheaper somewhere else we will try to accomodate within reason to try to keep the job with us.

Ok men I was looking on "fast parts network" for the sway bar with bushings already on it for the standard suspension. It has item 10 and 11 the same price but one says stabilizer bar and the other says bushings. I'm confused on which one to order. Can someone help me out please?

alldata times;

front hubs both sides 1.3 hrs
rear wheel bearing both sides 3.1 hrs
front springs 1.2 hrs
rear springs 1.2 hrs

Many thanks for this info Nick, going to need it next week.
Eibach's are almost near my door. not sure if I will be doing shocks or not.

Members online

Back