KKM induction kit

Mexican3001

Car audio guru
Reaction score
Hi everyone, i was just wondering for those of you who have installed the KKM. did you guys use any sort of gasket? as it doesnt come with one and the stock one doesnt quite fit right, just want to make sure i did it right

i tried that but i was looking at it inside and it was hanging out and not in all the way and i got worried it would come out and go into the intake a screw up something, so i took it out....

You have to line it up just right and take your time with it. If you dont take your time with it then it wont aline right.

oh ok, ill try it again later on tonight or tomorrow, does anyone see the harm in one not being on their?

Eliot is right, it will fit/work.. you just have to work with it.

The only this is a possible air leak, letting unfiltered air in.

thanks for all the quick replies and help. I took another look at it and remember what the problem i had was. maybe i had a bad gasket to start with? because it was a smaller diameter than the MAF adapter and MAF sensor fitting:confused:

How do the KKM intakes for the V6 compare to the stainless steel CAI they had on LSkoncepts.com a while back? Does the KKM have more or less of a sportier sound than the whole intake system?

How do the KKM intakes for the V6 compare to the stainless steel CAI they had on LSkoncepts.com a while back? Does the KKM have more or less of a sportier sound than the whole intake system?
The KKM True-Rev Sport Induction Kit replaces the stock air box. The stainless steel intake tubes only replaces the stock intake tube. We took the stainless steel tubes off our website due to long lead times. It was taking us 4-6 weeks to get them back and that was unacceptable. However, your best bang for the buck will be the KKM induction kit.

will it give me somewhat of a throatier sound?
At normal cruising speeds you won't notice it. However, at wide open throttle or acceleration speeds you will notice it will be a much deeper and "throatier" sound. With the open air filter the air passes unrestricted like with the stock air box.

Can I fit a bigger filter on it...bigger than the one it comes with?

Members online

No members online now.
Back