Kill 2 jobs with one wrench

BILLBOATS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
When installing new air struts on the Mark 8, requires removing the upper a arm if I am correct. If that's the case why not install front end suspension parts at the same time while the air strut is removed?

When installing new air struts on the Mark 8, requires removing the upper a arm if I am correct. If that's the case why not install front end suspension parts at the same time while the air strut is removed?
If you are going to do the upper arms, I highly recommend a flexing box end ratchet wrench. Make the job much easier & quicker.

It is the lower arm that the air strut attaches to. And after 20+ years can be a bit sticky. My 98 were original and did them 3 years ago, so 17 years and with some WD40 (penetrating oil) a day in advance of removal, weren't too tough at all to remove.

Flex-Head-Combination-Ratcheting-Wrench-box-end.jpg_350x350.jpg

Thanks for the heads up . I bought 1 year ago a complete moog front end re build kit. I have a set of flex gears. Its going to be harder but better to do the air struts and install upper, lower , tie rod inner outer end while the air strut is removed. Eleminats jacking up car a 2nd time to to the front end. Kills 2 jobs with one wrench Thanks to slowmark vIII too

Members online

No members online now.
Back